cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa debit payment

Poesidon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I used a Tangerine Visa debit card for autopay but the card was declined. I tried it twice actually. The resulting message from your website said to contact my bank but my bank doesn't even see the transaction. I checked the name and address on the card and everything matches my entry on this site when I set up autopay. You guys only somehow accept my TD Bank Visa debit card which I have to pay every time I use so I'd like to be able to use my Tangerine account where I'm not charged for any of my transactions and from which I can pay my account without any reminders,  since my TD is only an account I used until recently because I didn't have any other credit cards. Unless you guys offer the option to pay via electronic banking (so I can just program the payment to be done automatically, which is the point of this message), can I get some assistant to get autopay going on my everyday Tangerine account for which I have a Visa debit card? Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18

ady
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks a lot !!

I have not inputted my appartment number, and it has worked now !!! 

my debit visa card has been registered  

ady

Thanks for your reply.

Yes , I got a VISA Debit Card , Tangerine Bank2021-12-29 21-45-6.jpg

KaDinh

Oh how frustrating this type of issue is! I have found the biggest culprit of this type of issue ( with other companies too) is that I have input a different postal code/zip code in my account profile than is listed on my banking profile. 

Yes, the Postal/Zip code alone has caused many headaches. 

Hopefully this helps!

@ady 

The payment system will accept visa/debit cards not debit cards only. You must ensure your debit card has the visa logo on it for it to be accepted. If you do not have one you can order one from your bank.

ady

I have the same problem with my Tangerine DEBIT card .

PublicMobile says debit card is accepted , but I see that PublicMobile asks for credit cards only.  Their message is about CREDIT card only !!!!

I tried many times, same thing cards.jpgpublic mobile card.jpg

munait

I have the same problem. Tangerine debit works but Tangerine CC always gets declined! 

Not sure why..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poesidon : It looks like another user has the same problem. But we haven't heard back from them.

So you've typed your address the same as it appears in your billing/registered address of the card? No spaces in the postal code? Or drop the last digit? Case for all?

Some people have reported needing to match the profile name and address on the account here but that's not been my experience. But maybe it would be for you too.

@Poesidon it could be that Public Mobile system only recognizes the Big Five banks: RBCTDScotiabankBMO and CIBC.  Just a thought... and the moderators cannot do anything about that.

Poesidon

Are other people getting issues with this card being declined? This is aggressively ridiculous.

I've been trying to get this card to be the one autopay payments get taken out of for the past month and it keeps being declined.

The message says my card provider declined the payment but Tangerine (Canadian bank associated with Scotia) has no idea the payment was even attempted.

The moderators on here says it has no funds or there's a discrepancy between address on the bank account and the one I'm putting on here. I changed the address on my bank account, removed the one on here, then re-added it on here and it gives the same results.

No, I don't want to use another method of payment, because my Tangerine visa-debit card doesn't charge me for transactions. Why would I want to pay using TD's method of payment if I have one that will not cost me money? Why do I want to pay more for the same service other than to make the life of moderators easier by allowing them not to check what the issue is and inconveniencing myself in the process? And no, I don't want to buy then set up vouchers every month because I already have a more time-efficient method that works with Ubers, Amazon, etc.: my Tangerine visa-debit card.

@bfrigon wrote:

I'm having the same issue

Tried all caps, copy paste address from by bank account profile

It gets declined every time. There a plenty of funds available. 

@bfrigon sorry to hear this.  Did you contact the moderators, as suggested above, to help you?  It's been weeks.  If you haven't heard from the moderators, submit another ticket.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html ,

type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!

Best wishes and season's greetings!  🎄🎄🎄

bfrigon

I'm having the same issue

Tried all caps, copy paste address from by bank account profile

It gets declined every time. There a plenty of funds available. 

@Poesidon wrote:

Thanks for the help. Tangerine is a Canadian bank, so no worries there. I hadn't written anything in the apartment field, but I'll try the all-caps solution then the moderator one. Thanks.

Hi @Poesidon how is everything going?  Were you able to register your new Tangerine Visa Debit on your own or you are still awaiting for the moderators to help you with this issue?  Kindly keep us updated.  Cheers!

@Jb456 wrote:

@Poesidon 

HOWEVER where is Tangerine register to? Public Mobile accepts cards from Canadian and USA financial institutions.

Hi @Jb456 just to let you know....

Tangerine, originally known as ING Direct, launched in Canada in April 1997, introducing the country's first no-fee, high-interest saving account. Scotiabank acquired the online bank in 2012 for $3.1 billion. And in 2014, the name was changed to Tangerine.

Poesidon

Thanks for the help. Tangerine is a Canadian bank, so no worries there. I hadn't written anything in the apartment field, but I'll try the all-caps solution then the moderator one. Thanks.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Poesidon 

HOWEVER where is Tangerine register to? Public Mobile accepts cards from Canadian and USA financial institutions.

Maybe that is your issue.

We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Poesidon 

Before you go into self service. Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode.

If you continue to have problems ask a moderator to add your card to your account.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts. 
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@Poesidon  to go with what @gpixel  said. Here's a picture to remove your card.

Click payment

Click manage my card on bottom left side.

Let us know!

Screenshot_20200124_073012.jpg

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Poesidon remove all your registered bank cards. then register your tangerine visa debit. use all capital letters and leave the apartment field blank. just make sure your self serve account details is matching with the details you are entering for the tangerine card

Need Help? Let's chat.