cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa debit payment / autopay issue

Elijah89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently unable to use my visa debit to pay for my account because of the glitch where it says my bank doesnt allow it (but i called my bank and there shouldnt be an issue), i paid for 40$ voucher (which is really annoying i would rather you guys fix this visa debit thing) ahead of my payment date and they payment was processed, yet im not getting any of the benefits of autopay!

Can someone in tech support actually help me? This is very frustrating.

Edit: it seems i get the 500 meg + 500 megs but i dont think i got the 2$ off, either way its a bummer having to shop around for vouchers, is there any way to fix the visa debit issue?!

7 REPLIES 7

@ilannam wrote:

For some reason, Public Mobile refuses to accept my Visa Debit card which I use everywhere. They keep saying my bank is preventing payment, but I've spoken to the bank and they say they would never do so. When they checked, there were no attempts by PM to charge my card. Can someone please advise? (and yes I registered the card)

@ilannam   Make sure your name/address matches exactly the info for your statement/bank for your Visa Debit.  Also leave apt # blank and do not enter any spacing for postal code.  You should also first clear your cache/cookies and use a different browser with incognito mode before trying to add your Visa Debit card.

If you need to pay urgently, then it might be a good idea to purchase a voucher from a retailer, gas/convenience store and dial 611 to load your payment.  You can also get online vouchers from ding.com and recharge.com but extra fee may be charged for the convenience.

ilannam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For some reason, Public Mobile refuses to accept my Visa Debit card which I use everywhere. They keep saying my bank is preventing payment, but I've spoken to the bank and they say they would never do so. When they checked, there were no attempts by PM to charge my card. Can someone please advise? (and yes I registered the card)

kctombout
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I had the same issue tonight, with regards to my visa debit not being honored by my bank, I called telephone banking.  After some verifications of who I was, I was told that there was a block placed on my debit card, from when i first activated the debit card.  I remember trying to make an amazon purchase just before Christmas... (by the way...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone)...So long story short, the block was removed, and I tried again to activate my card, and low and behold...it worked.  I got my $2 autopay reward instantly as well.  With regard to the space in the postal code, remove it (the space that is)

@station1104 wrote:

This is usually a name issue ( like the card has a middle name on it so you have to put that in) or an address issue ( make sure the address is the address the company has attacted to the card. i find sometimes people move and the card it attached to the old address )

It would be best to call card company to update first. Addresses need to match but if you don't update it and try to buy stuff online, companies might refuse to send your purchase.

station1104
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is usually a name issue ( like the card has a middle name on it so you have to put that in) or an address issue ( make sure the address is the address the company has attacted to the card. i find sometimes people move and the card it attached to the old address )

@Triguy wrote:

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.  If you still have problems then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

You have to leave the postal code without a space as well. Copy your address the same as your bank statement. Could be the issue. Clear your browser and use secret/incognito mode when you log in.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.  If you still have problems then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.