cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Issues

BBal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to activate my account and it says my Visa is invalid.  I called the company and there is no issue with the card.

18 REPLIES 18

BBal

I don't have service as the activation is never completed and my number is never ported from Bell.

BBal

I'm trying to port a number from Bell

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@BBal have you tried installing the sim card and seeing if you have service? 

@BBal  Where are you trying to port from? Thanks 

BBal

I'm not coming from a Kodoo prepaid

jillea

no

jillea

already done 

@BBal  are you coming from Koodo prepaid and trying to port at activation? You have to activate with a temporary cell phone number and contact the moderators to port your number afterwards. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Wait 1 hour from last attempt,  clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate your SIM card.  

BBal

I was charged for a Kodoo account but cannot activate my Public Mobile account.

@BBal 

Is the charge on your bank account the same as the cost for you Public Mobile account? 

Koodo and Public are both owned by telus. Could just be a strange mix up. Just want to make sure you are not getting charged for a koodo account and a Public Mobile account. 

BBal

Have you checked your bank statement? I get the same message but it shows up as a Kodoo top up charge

BBal

Furthermore, while public mobile does not accept my Visa card, it shows in my bank statement as a top up for Kodoo - what is happening???

@jillea did your expiry date change? 

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

@jillea wrote:

i have been having issues since last night trying to top up using my visa debit that i always use it says my card isnt recognized.  bank said no issue on their end and nothing changed on my account from last month to this month.  so that means its an issue with public mobile

@jillea  Best request moderator supprort, then. 

To obtain a ticket, click on https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jillea

i have been having issues since last night trying to top up using my visa debit that i always use it says my card isnt recognized.  bank said no issue on their end and nothing changed on my account from last month to this month.  so that means its an issue with public mobile

@BBal When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space). 

Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @BBal 

The billing name and address you enter has to exactly match your info registered with Visa.

If you live in an apartment, do not use the apartment field. Instead include your suite number with the address line such as "1-123 main street"

Remember to use a referral code upon activation to receive your $10 credit. 😀

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Try removing and adding back your credit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.