cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using up your credit balance

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi all,

Because of the way vouchers work, I'm in a constant $4 credit. I am on a $40 plan.  Any advice on how I finally use/offset the credit?

11 REPLIES 11

Funds in account balance are always used first. Leftover funds will be used towards payment of next cycle (unless you use them to purchase add-ons, etc).

You can activate AutoPay to take care of things for you. Funds in account will be used first, credit card will charge the remainder (plus point of sale tax on the remainder). AutoPay also gives a $2 Reward (discount) every cycle, along with some bonus data on most plans.

You can always pay as much as you like into your account balance. It can be convenient to deposit $50 or $100 into your balance so you don't have to worry about it for a few months, don't have to buy payment vouchers every month, etc.

There's no charges for failing to pay on time, for plan being suspended, for plan being reactivated. There's no penalty or maintenance cost on a suspended plan, though it will be terminated after it stays inactive for 90 days. If you or your AutoPay don't buy another 30-day cycle then you simply get no service until payment is received and a new billing cycle begins.

Community Rewards can make it hard to predict exactly how many dollars you'll get month to month. Other Rewards are predictable but sometimes their payment dates are a little off.

There's really no reason to worry about it unless you're planning to use everything up and walk away from Public Mobile with a $0 balance.

@Anonymous 

Lol...youre already on it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

Well then me too. 🙂

@kselmak 

Good to know youre a cardholder. Another person i can put on my list when people need a referral. Happy Noel!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin 

You should consider adding a credit card, even some prepaid visa cards work. You get extra credit even if you keep using vouchers while registered for autopay and once in a while you can top it up and use up your extra balance.

Koho is great, pubicmmobile is listed as partner so you get 2.5% cashback. I keep only couple of bucks on the card when I know I'm not using it. There are no fees. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @rossputin 

If I understand your question, you may be using vouchers in denominations to equal $40 each cycle, thus leaving $4 each cycle left over.

Couple of recommendations:

1. If you have a payment card you can use (VISA, Mastercard, and American Express and VISA Debit card), by having that card associated with the account for auto-pay, you will save $2 per cycle, regardless of whether you're using vouchers to pay.
  2. If you DON'T have a payment card you can associate with the account, but you can make a one-time payment using one, you can choose to make a payment of $36.00 (+ applicable tax) to the account to supplement the $4 in available funds to cover your next renewal.   That way, you'll start the next cycle with a ZERO balance.

@rossputin wrote:

Hi all,

Because of the way vouchers work, I'm in a constant $4 credit. I am on a $40 plan.  Any advice on how I finally use/offset the credit?

I know that vouchers are sometimes available in certain amount. If you continue to top up $40 at a time, the extra balance will eventually add up to enough to pay for a future renewal after 10 times if it's an additional $4 each time.

@rossputin 

Another idea is to purchase a smaller voucher amount next time (ie. $30 voucher).  As long as the available funds will be equivalent to the $40 plan, it should renew without issues.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @rossputin ,

You can change your plan to the next higher one.

Super easy to change your plan here at PM, as longer as your current one is connected to any promos you received when signing up.

Remember it is recommended to "change at next renewal" so you do not lose out on any funds you already paid in the current cycle.

OR you can change your plan to the $15 one and use/buy addons to use your available funds balance.

@rossputin 

It doesnt hurt to carry a balance. Depending on your rewards if you use the lost/stolen feature for troubleshooting or its actual purpose it currently has a glitch that causes your rewards to not be appiied upon renewal. This could cause your service to be suspended if you do not have autopay or autopay with a nonfunctioning card. Having enough in your balance to cover rewards allieviates this issue.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin wrote:

Hi all,

There is nothing wrong with building up your credit. The extra credit is displayed in self service under Available Funds and can be used towards your renewal. You can also use instant top ups to get the exact payment you want.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-in-retail

Instant Top-Up

Instant top-ups are the best way to pay in retail with the flexibility to top-up what you want between $10 to $100 and the simplicity of having it added right to your account without needing a PIN. Simply tell the cashier how much you want topped up and provide them with your phone number. Instant top-ups are currently available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations. Contact your local store for details.

Need Help? Let's chat.