cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Xoom.com No FEE

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

THIS WILL NOT WORK IF YOU PORTED YOUR NUMBER FROM ANOTHER CARRIER. see below for details.

Hello everyone here is a picture break down of xoom.com where you can reload your phone via this website by using your phone number.

Now if you are using this you have to know you will be inputting lots of personal information, address, phone number, full name. They use this info to make sure it is you. You also need a Paypal account to use this service. 

But if you can see past all those things then you can pay for your Public Mobile service by using a regular bank account you do not need to have a visa debit. This service also provides for scheduled payments. So you could set it up to send a payment to your Public Mobile service every 30 days. 

There are no fees for using this service either. I am not a sales representative or have any affiliation with Xoom this is strictly for information about a product that Public Mobile has said customers could use to pay for their service. And you can opt-in for text alerts once it has been sent. I have used this service today to try it I will keep you updated on its efficiency. 

EDIT: NOTE

1. If you have ported your number from another carrier, the original carrier is listed not Public Mobile. I am currently in talks with Xoom to see how they can fix this but they said it has to do with the issuer of the phone number. So if you originally came from Bell then transferred to Rogers then came to Public the number would still show up as Bell on Xoom.

2. The payment does go through quickly almost instantly, from Xoom. But your carrier takes about 24 to 48 hours to have it show on your account. If you use this service then don't use it last minute. I received a credit on my mom's Bell account for 15.00 because that was her previous provider. Bell will be issuing a cheque. 

3. If you use a credit card for the payment you will be charged a cash advance fee because of the nature of Xoom being a money forwarding service. Do not use a credit card if you do not want to pay a 5.00 fee on top of your top-up. 

4. Overall, a good second option if you have a Public Mobile number and want to use a bank account for payment and are not in a rush. 

See Below:

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 2.15.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 2.15.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 2.26.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 2.27.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 2.27.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 2.28.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 2.28.37 PM.png

44 REPLIES 44

@NDesai 

I have an update and some things that I will be adding to the original post, see below for issues with this payment method:

1. If you have ported your number from another carrier, the original carrier is listed not Public Mobile. I am currently in talks with Xoom to see how they can fix this but they said it has to do with the issuer of the phone number. So if you originally came from Bell then transferred to Rogers then came to Public the number would still show up as Bell on Xoom.

2. The payment does go through quickly almost instantly, from Xoom. But your carrier takes about 24 to 48 hours to have it show on your account. If you use this service then don't use it last minute. I received a credit on my mom's Bell account for 15.00 because that was her previous provider. Bell will be issuing a cheque. 

3. If you use a credit card for the payment you will be charged a cash advance fee because of the nature of Xoom being a money forwarding service. Do not use a credit card if you do not want to pay a 5.00 fee on top of your top-up. 

4. Overall, a good second option if you have a Public Mobile number and want to use a bank account for payment and are not in a rush. 

@NDesai I emailed Xoom to see where they sent the voucher. As it had not been added yet. Im wondering if there is a systemic issue with ported numbers. I'll let you know when I have the info. 

Its good for me to be the guinea pig on this to let customers know the issues with it, and nuances LOL

@Naepalm  wrote:

@Anonymous thank you for the heads up. lol @popping yeah no tax. Now there was something weird that happened with my own phone number. I put it in and it went to BELL as the provider. Maybe because I recently ported? Same with my wife. This may not be an option for people who have ported their number. I am only providing this for those that couldn't use their visa debit or a credit card right. 

Thanks for confirming there is no tax. So this is 1:1 deal for vouchers. 
I also came across that issue with my bros number which is originally came from Bell. I wonder if they send Bell voucher or current provider voucher. Did the voucher get added directly to your account or they texted you the 12 digit pin?

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for the info.

fdrcamb519

@Naepalm 

thank you very much, well done 

benfatto

Perfect workaround for everyone wanting direct debit, off shore credit cards, and other modes not accepted by PM. 👍👍

@Anonymous thanks lol it's my mom... she wouldn't be happy me having her name all over this community LOL keen eye though. 

And ill fix the grammar language Police 👨‍✈️LOL j/k

👍Thanks @Naepalm the no charge must be new. The last time I tested it in February on $10  they tried to charge me $2.50. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite I choose CDN they only charged the $15.00 no more and it does not show GST? Hmmm....You can also choose a higher increment. 

@Anonymous thank you for the heads up. lol @popping yeah no tax. Now there was something weird that happened with my own phone number. I put it in and it went to BELL as the provider. Maybe because I recently ported? Same with my wife. This may not be an option for people who have ported their number. I am only providing this for those that couldn't use their visa debit or a credit card right. 

Couple of addenda:

a) pretty sure they charge GST

b) your PayPal account MUST be in Cdn $. This service will only accept PayPal accounts in the denomination of the carrier.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Naepalm 

Thanks for the info.

I don't see the sale tax being charged!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work!

Need Help? Let's chat.