cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating credit card information for a linked account

Ange
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I use autopay for my account as well as my mother's account. They are both charged to my credit card. The expiry date recently changed on the credit card, and while I updated the information in my account, my mother's plan was not updated and so is now suspended.

I recollect that a few years ago, the two accounts were supposed to be linked so I wouldn't run into this issue -- this has happened before. But in my My Account, I know longer see my mother's plan.

Please help!

Ange

5 REPLIES 5

Ange

Thank you.

Was there a time that Public Mobile allowed linked accounts or allowed one email address to be used for more than one account? Not in the just over 2 years that Ive been here but maybe in the past?

@Ange 

Once you get access to your moms account and fix up the credit card, her account won’t suddenly start working again. You will need to then add enough funds to her account using the registered card and then hit the “reactivate” button or something like that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now you need to ask the moderators to change both email addresses on her account. Yes there are two places. Not counting this community. If you have all the account owner verification information then just ask as though the account is yours.

Ange

I tried to login to her account and I can't. I think I had set it up with the same email address I use for my account and that may have caused the trouble. Can you help me to access the account for her number. I have since set up an email address for my mother so I can use that now so I don't have problems in the future. My mom does not know how to use computers, etc.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ange : They're all independent accounts. You can pay with the same card but they're not "linked". You'll need to log in to the other account and change the card info. Do it just like you did yours.

Need Help? Let's chat.