cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Credit Card issues

winedown
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I recently recieved a new credit card and it won't go through to my auto repay. I called the credit card company and it says it's fully activated and working. I actually see the statements where it has me trying to register the card from here and its recorded on my credit card as 0.00 from my credit card company. They said it's an issue from you guys so I know the information I'm putting in is correct.

12 REPLIES 12

colk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks alot for your info.  Finally I can update my credit card info using your method.  You make my day!

winedown

*takeout

winedown

thanks @666 but it still didn't go through with your method. What I did was take my apt number and left the street number and it went through

@winedown, i tried it today again and finally the autopay accepted my new credit card.  so please try it today asap.  maybe today they fixed it.  btw, i don't know if it is related.  but make sure you put your address exactly as your credit card statement shown.

ex: "123-456 yonge street" shown on your statement

then I input auto pay "123-456 yonge street" on address field and put nothing on apt field, instead of "456 yonge street" apt"123".

i hope you understand what i mean

It sure is.  My credit card issue started with trying to activate my third account with my visa card.  I tried about half dozen times to pay and it kept on getting rejected.  I ended up using my MasterCard without problem.  I check with visa to see if there's any problem at their end.  I was told that they recorded numerous attempts to apply a payment but the address information was not correct.  I was able to update using my visa card after activation, but the card didn't stick until a second attempt.  I checked with the moderators to see if they can help me with updating the credit card and I was told they can't for security reasons.  We just have to tough it out on our own.  They are aware of this anomaly.  Hopefully, a fix is in the works.

winedown

Thanks @will13am much appreciated!

Just sucks how annoying this is!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

OP, I ran into the same issue with updating credit cards.  I think it's caused by a bug in the system and not something a moderator can do anything about.  One thing you can do is try again and again.  I did that and eventually it worked.  After you get the update done successfully, go back in a few days and make sure it sticks.  I made a successful update only to have the system revert back on me.  The second time things were fine.  All in all, many attempts over a period of a couple of weeks.  

@winedown Been out of town. If you are still having a problem send a private message to any moderator with your phone number and a description of what has happened, but given their backlog it will likely be several days before they respond.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

winedown

@Luddite yea everything is the same from my last credit card (Name and Address) its just that I got new one  with new number

winedown

@CaNuCk07 The site was already set on auto pay from my last credit card but when I came here to update it to new one PM gets an error and says to check my credit card company. I know the info I'm putting is correct because PM is showing up on my Credit Card Statements.  This is why I know its not my credit card company fault. Its says $0.00 on my statements because I'm getting the error here on the site as it won't be accepted. It's the same credit card company from b4 it's just a new number that won't register

When entering credit card info the name and address must be exactly as shown on your credit card  account.

These are the cards accepted: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/More-Payment-Options-Added/m-p...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@winedown  just to clarify, the site let you setup the card for autopay, but for whatever reason (credit card company says its PM) it just wont charge the card?

Need Help? Let's chat.