cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated List of stores that sell voucher codes.

thirstyturtle18
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can someone tell me what retailers sell the Public Mobile voucher codes? I have seen old threads talking about Canadian Tire Gas Bars, and shoppers drug mart. There is a link in one of those threads, but clicking it doesn't send me to the right page. Just wondering where to go to buy top up airtime without having to use a credit card.

22 REPLIES 22

sageb1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great Canadian Superstore

sageb1

Why Temp help are useless.

@Anonymous wrote:

@thirstyturtle18 wrote:

Can someone tell me what retailers sell the Public Mobile voucher codes? I have seen old threads talking about Canadian Tire Gas Bars, and shoppers drug mart. There is a link in one of those threads, but clicking it doesn't send me to the right page. Just wondering where to go to buy top up airtime without having to use a credit card.

If you're in whatever store and you see a display of gift cards and such then they would almost certainly be able to sell vouchers. You might see a Public Mobile card but most likely not. The staff may have no clue that they can sell a Public Mobile voucher so you would have to ask and they would have to look in their little pinpad terminal thing and then oh looky there...Public Mobile.

sageb1

Maybe where PC points

@MoreYummy wrote:

Many of those chain retailer has it.   sometimes you can find it at gas station. with other carriers.

putting gas in at Petro Canada?

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Me64 wrote:

Gotta love some subtle sarcasim. None the less you are correct!

Hi there @Me64 ! I see you are new, so welcome to the community! There's lots of great people here, but I'm sure you'll find that out pretty quickly after roaming around the boards for a bit. Anyway, just wanted to let you know, however, that you are replying to a post from last August (‎08-13-2018 12:00 AM). You can check any post's date by looking in the top righthand corner of the post. 🙂

Me64

Gotta love some subtle sarcasim. None the less you are correct!

Salmonlips

@MoreYummy sorry for the delay I'm off on vacation right now.  Ebates has been far better than 2% (I can't remember the numbers but I almost pulled the trigger a bunch of times at higher numbers) but 2% is their default.

5% will eventually be shoppers optimum i believe but that shows up when they feel like making it show up unfortunately. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

London Drug sells PM voucher too.  They have sheet of bar code of different voucher amount to scan in to cash register  The voucher number is printed on your LD receipt.  But I have not check for the gift card size printed voucher at LD.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have been to 2 CT gas bars in Edmonton (kingsway and stoney plain). Both of them have the real time payment voucher or regular voucher. However, a lot of times the cashier won't know what the heck PM is. You will have to ask them to look through it on the machine, and on it, it will let the choose which voucher you want.

Jorno

@thirstyturtle18 wrote:

I live in Edmonton Alberta. Thank you for the big box retailer options. I read on other forums that public mobile has 2 types of vouchers available. One that gives you a code that you enter on the website to load funds and a second that you give the retailer your phone number, and the funds get loaded automatically for an amount of your chosing. Can someone tell me where to get the later type of voucher. I went to walmart, and saw vouchers for $22, 28, 38, 43 and $60. Kind of weird amounts for prepaid vouchers. Was looking for a $50 code to match my plan.

You are looking for the Real Time Payment Voucher.  While I have never purchased one, I have read in the community that they are available at Canadian Tire gas bars.  Here is a post about real time payment vouchers at Canadian Tire gas bars in Edmonton.  Perhaps @Acekiller can provide us with an update.

In regards to regular payment vouchers, I have found the following (locations are in BC):

- $5, $20 and $40 denominations at Canadian Tire (in-store)

- $19, $25, $40, $60 and $100 at Shell

thirstyturtle18
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I live in Edmonton Alberta. Thank you for the big box retailer options. I read on other forums that public mobile has 2 types of vouchers available. One that gives you a code that you enter on the website to load funds and a second that you give the retailer your phone number, and the funds get loaded automatically for an amount of your chosing. Can someone tell me where to get the later type of voucher. I went to walmart, and saw vouchers for $22, 28, 38, 43 and $60. Kind of weird amounts for prepaid vouchers. Was looking for a $50 code to match my plan.

@Salmonlips Which one would have 5% or so?   i thought ebates would be higher than 2%. 

Salmonlips

@MoreYummyit varies from as terrible as 2% (ebates.ca) to the usual 5% and periodically 10%, but it's all on timing... really for 5% you'd be best to spend hundreds of dollars or it's not worth your time to try and save $5 (or less)

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Not sure where the OP lives, but Walmart and Canadian Tire are the best bet.

@Salmonlips What does rebate give you in percentage?

cappaj

I guess it makes sense to do that rigmarole from Shoppers to CT Gas Bar if you plan on staying with PM long term and can do a couple hundred dollars at once - that would let you save yourself a few bucks every month. 

@mimmo wrote:

just a fyi, I tried the gift card thing at canadian tire and the computer system would not let me use giftcards to buy vouchers. so i was stuck with 150$ in gift cards. My understanding however is you can use the gift cards at the CT gas bars without issues.

To bad we don't have CT Gas bars out here.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

just a fyi, I tried the gift card thing at canadian tire and the computer system would not let me use giftcards to buy vouchers. so i was stuck with 150$ in gift cards. My understanding however is you can use the gift cards at the CT gas bars without issues.

Salmonlips

I just came from red flag deals about this:

Often it's a loblaws store that has specials... ie: Shoppers Drug Mart, and they sell Can Tire gift cards for 5-10% off (or so) which you then go to Can Tire and redeem for PM vouchers.

Alternatively Ebates sells can tire gift cards in large denominations for discounts (if you're patient for your cash back) and then you can do the same thing.

cappaj

I forget how exactly (through Triangle rewards or something?) but I know some people prefer to buy them at Canadian Tire because you can get them at a 5% discount or something, saving you a little extra cash.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thirstyturtle18 wrote:

If you're in whatever store and you see a display of gift cards and such then they would almost certainly be able to sell vouchers. You might see a Public Mobile card but most likely not. The staff may have no clue that they can sell a Public Mobile voucher so you would have to ask and they would have to look in their little pinpad terminal thing and then oh looky there...Public Mobile.

Many of those chain retailer has it.   sometimes you can find it at gas station. with other carriers.

Jorno

The four retail partners of Public Mobile are Walmart, London Drugs, WOW! Mobile Boutique and K-Mobile (see KB article Meet Public Mobile).

I live in BC and have found vouchers at Canadian Tire (in-store), London Drugs, 7-Eleven, Shell, Shoppers Drug Mart and Walmart.

There use to be a voucher location look-up on the Public Mobile website but it was removed (see a discussion here).  The results were mostly rubbish (my personal favourite) and out-of-date.

If you feel comfortable enough to share where you live, a community member might be able to provide you with specific locations.

Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.