cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure why my bill suddenly increased

JC_Chu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, my bill last month was $25.99 and now for some reason it's $32.77 this month.

I am unsure why it increased suddenly and was wondering if I could get some clarification.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

@JC_Chu Thanks for posting screenshots. The above explanation shows why you were charged more this month. There is no need to send a message to the mod as it is pretty clear what happened.

@JC_Chu wrote:

Here is the last 2 months on my billing transaction.

Untitled.png

For whatever reason you had a balance of $6 before the January renewal (which we can only figure out where it came from if we see the history before that), so the automatic system only the neede funds of $23 (the credit card bill shows the amount including tax). Since the available funds were 0 before the February renewal auto pay charged the full amount - auto pay reward - loyalty reward (+tax) to your credit card.

@JC_Chu wrote:

I've looked at my billing transactions and to be honest I'm even more confused now. Do you know which moderator I could PM?

Here's the proper way to send them a message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JC_Chu

Here is the last 2 months on my billing transaction.

Untitled.png

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JC_Chu wrote:

I have the $35 for 30-days plan, but on my bill under automatic top-up, I had $35 one month and $23 for another month. I'm very confused.

When did you activate your PM plan?

Did you have a referral when you activate your plan?

If yes, it may explain the $12 difference in one month.

The screenshot of your payment history will explain what happened.  Make sure to remove all personal info from the screenshot.

@JC_Chu wrote:

I have the $35 for 30-days plan, but on my bill under automatic top-up, I had $35 one month and $23 for another month. I'm very confused.

Login to your self-serve account and take a screenshot of your payment history from last 2 months. Make sure to hide any personal details and post it here so we can see the amount you were changed. It all depends on the rewards/credit you received or if you changed your plan. 

JC_Chu

From what I can see, I've had AutoPay on the entire time. It's just a bit odd seeing the numbers fluctuate so drastically.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

It looks like you were on the $25 plan with AutoPay? ($23*1.13 = $25.99). Then you changed your plan to $30 and disabled autopay and added 1 referral? ($29*1.13 = $32.77). This is just a guess that you disabled AutoPay. If this is a case, you might want to make sure AutoPay is enabled so you get the $2 discount. 

EDIT: wrong math

JC_Chu

JC_Chu

I've looked at my billing transactions and to be honest I'm even more confused now. Do you know which moderator I could PM?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@JC_Chu  If you review your payment history from your self-serve account, you will have a better idea on why it increased. What plan do you have and is that amount you were charged on your credit card?

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JC_Chu wrote:

Hello, my bill last month was $25.99 and now for some reason it's $32.77 this month.

I am unsure why it increased suddenly and was wondering if I could get some clarification.

Thanks

If you're logged into self-serve and there is no indication in your billing transactions for what that charge is, you would be best to private message a moderator 

Need Help? Let's chat.