cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unnecessary texts when Autopaying

Phoozles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have signed up for autopay from the very beginning. Regardless, every month I get a warning text letting me know to pay my bill. I understand that it's an automated text that most likely goes out to all members, but is there any way that it can be turned off for those of us that have autopay? It's not a huge deal, but it's an unnecessary annoyance for me as my bill will be paid regardless. 

Thoughts? Apologies if this has been brought up in the past. 

14 REPLIES 14

Phoozles

Wow. 

How am I making a big deal out of this? I simply asked if it were possible to remove them. If it's not, then oh well. It's not the end of the world, and now I know.

Are you simply looking for drama? Making me out to be an instigator or a troll because I asked a simple question? What a welcoming community. 

@dna2016 wrote:

@will13am completely agree.  Not sure why this user is making such a big deal out of this.  And irony of it all is that if PM did not provide this auto text feature, these same people will be crying and complaining about why they didn't receive some type of notice via email or text.

Guess people will always have something to complain about.  I'd say keep these auto texts especially when it relates to reminders of missing payments (because this would lead to service suspension), and when the user gets close to their limit (so users can then adjust accordingly to avoid not having enough usage for remainder of the period).  In essence PM has in place exactly what they should have in place. 

Sadly, the types of personalities that complain about these texts are also those who would be the first to complain about a consequence as a result of not receiving the text. 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker, ya forgot to mention how much less on a 90 day plan.  I only responded based on the 12 because the user mentioned he gets the text every 30 days (since he's on the 30 day option). 

Ya I should have mentioned they can just change to a 90 day plan and get the text only 4 times a year.  Good catch.

dna2016

@will13am completely agree.  Not sure why this user is making such a big deal out of this.  And irony of it all is that if PM did not provide this auto text feature, these same people will be crying and complaining about why they didn't receive some type of notice via email or text.

Guess people will always have something to complain about.  I'd say keep these auto texts especially when it relates to reminders of missing payments (because this would lead to service suspension), and when the user gets close to their limit (so users can then adjust accordingly to avoid not having enough usage for remainder of the period).  In essence PM has in place exactly what they should have in place. 

Yeah, it can definitely be helpful in case there ever is an issue with autopsy, so you know to be cognizant of that around billing time.

@dna2016, only 4 times (5 every 7 years) on a 90-day plan:)

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I find these texts useful as a reminder of when my plan renews so that I remember to go into my data settings and reset my settings at the start of a new cycle (so my data will be accurate).  Just my personal opinion.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Phoozles wrote:

I have signed up for autopay from the very beginning. Regardless, every month I get a warning text letting me know to pay my bill. I understand that it's an automated text that most likely goes out to all members, but is there any way that it can be turned off for those of us that have autopay? It's not a huge deal, but it's an unnecessary annoyance for me as my bill will be paid regardless. 

Thoughts? Apologies if this has been brought up in the past. 

It is one text every 30/90 days depending on plan length if anything I think it is a good idea to continue them and can serve as a reminder for people who:

1. like to still pay by voucher and not charge their card but still want autopay discount
  2. may have had a new credit card arrive and haven't changed it in autopay and still have time to correct
  3. run near their credit card limit and gives them time to clear enough room for their payment.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I would imagine that these are certain legal requirements for the notification.  What is the big deal with a service provider telling a customer that a payment is impending.  Even if on auto pay, what if my credit card is maxed out and I need to take some action to make sure the charge will go through.  I have preauthorized payment set up on my credit cards.  I still get a notification a few days in advance of the auto payment.  I will never ever complain about that as it gives me a heads up to make sure the payment will go through.  This is a first world problem.  Find something more important to complain about.

/rant

dna2016

@Phoozles I believe it is by law now that companies have to give consumers the option to opt-out of automated texts.  I know it exists more so in the marketing aspect.  However once you request to have it stopped then it will de-activate all texts from the provider, including data usage reminders.  If you don't care to receive those as well, then try sending a message to a MOD @CS_Agent and see what they say. 

Considering it only comes once a month, not sure why that bothers you so much.  Can understand if it came in like every week or something.  Just 12 times out of the year you're deleting a text.  But anyways, message a MOD and see what they say.

closng

I personally don't mind the text messages.  Unfortunately, I dont think there is a way to stop them and Public Mobile got bigger fishes to fry 🙂

I found it handy to get the reminder SMS prior to a weekend they were doing system maintenance.

I was able to top up beforehand, just in case, there was a break down in the AutoPay system.

Phoozles

Yeah, I'd rather not have that happen, as I like getting the confirmation that my payment has been received, and my data updates as well. 

Boo. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Phoozles, I believe you can get the texts stopped.  However, I think ALL texts from Public Mobile would be cut, and not just those for payment reminders.  You might miss other important info.

Need Help? Let's chat.