cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Charges & Data Issues

teremex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay, so my situation is so unique that I just had to put a random issue down, just so I could talk to the Mods via PM because my issue was not listed and then I thought about posting here. The issue that I'm facing is me being charged $0.53 CAD the other morning and it gave me a message that said I would be charged the aforementioned amount  and when I tried calling my son who has the same plan as me to get his opinion, we both use Public Mobile together and when I tried calling him it wouldn't let me and it would give me a "this call cannot be completed because of the current plan" type message on my phone, please help as this issue is not listed I don't think... Secondly, there is a data issue on my account it says that I have:

704.940  /  1024 MB
138  /  400 MIN

But my data will suddenly drop out, and when I go into my bank, the data came on again. My phone also renewed my data and it just says 0 B of data used, I cannot use my data and I don't understand why any of it happens. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

20 REPLIES 20

teremex

Everything looks normal. I'll do some more field testing tomorrow to see if the issue persists then get back to you on that. 

teremex

I have used VoIP in the past, but have new internet service, everything is back to normal, the sim was the issue...

Is your public mobile service the only calling account? Do you have VoIp dial out account setup? Check in your calling settings (you should be able to find the settings in your dialer). I would suspect that as you enter and leave building since your data was not working maybe you were using WiFi for one of your VoIp accounts. If you synced your phone with one of your previous phones you may not even be aware that it's there as you may have set it up years ago and have it backed up

@teremex wrote:

yes. I get that same message. The same message that you get when dialing 611... 

Great! What about checking your payment history for the last 60 days does everything look normal?

teremex

yes. I get that same message. The same message that you get when dialing 611... 

@teremex  When you dial 611 you should get a message that says welcome to Public Mobile.

teremex

what OS do you have? Android OS, iOS, Blackberry OS, etc.? If you have Android check your APN settings like chuck_grady did, if you have iOS, however, I cannot help you...

evanlquintal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi there my acccount is active and I have data on my plan however on my self serve it is not showing my usage and will not allow me to use data on my phone, ive tried putting my sim in another phone aswell and having the same issue. Please help and it is frustrating having data and not being able to use it

teremex

Oh, believe me, I've set up a support ticket, now I'm just sitting around like ducks in a pond waiting around for their reply, thanks for the help you two. 

OK. that is weird. Maybe you should run the charges thing by a moderatorif you haven't already.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern, usually within 48 hours.

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team

Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

teremex

*UPDATE* I disabled my sim on my phone and re-enabled by shutting down the phone and inspecting the sim card's state and positions, etc. and that seemed to do the trick I now have data working again. As for the charges and call messages, not so sure...

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@teremex Make sure your data is on and your wifi is off.

Try checking your APN Settings.

For Android, click:
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile/Cellular Networks > Access Point Names >

These are mine:

Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F 

teremex

I am using a Public Mobile SIM Card, that's why I'm using the service. Whenever I dial 611 I get a  message that My number changed by SIM. I am then greeted with service options because my number is listed with the service.

Did you check your sim as @geopublic recommended?  We should eliminate that possibility first.

teremex

The calls are working fine but I get a message saying that I got charged. Data is not working I am using a Samsung A5. 

@teremex wrote:

Yes, I have. My account comes up clean in self-serve with no payment or transaction history of any kind but on the top-left corner of my phone screen appears a message with red letters saying that I got charged for the phone call every time I end a phone call outside of my house or not within the proximity of my wifi or 5-g wifi. Also, what can you tell me about my data issues?

@teremex  Check you phone's sim because that doesn't  sound like you are using a Public Mobile sim card. If you access your selfserve account select the Payment History link. Select 60 days from the drop down range period and review your charges to get a better understanding on what is happening.

Edit: Diall 611 from your phone what happens?

@teremex wrote:

Yes, I have. My account comes up clean in self-serve with no payment or transaction history of any kind but on the top-left corner of my phone screen appears a message with red letters saying that I got charged for the phone call every time I end a phone call outside of my house or not within the proximity of my wifi or 5-g wifi. Also, what can you tell me about my data issues?

I've never heard this happen before???

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@teremex Is your data working right now?

What is working right now on your phone?

What kind of phone? What OS?

teremex

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@teremex Have you been into the self serve to see what the $0.53 charge was for in your transaction history, or just on your credit card statement. PM doesn't offer anything in that price range?

Need Help? Let's chat.