cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized payment done.

patatay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not on autopay but they charged me $46 for renewal. I already put the number of payment voucher that I purchased. I would like the debit card payment to be cancelled immediately as I never did it. It’s unauthorized payment. 

26 REPLIES 26

@redtulp0534 if you need to change your credit card information you can do it by yourself. Go in your self serve account and tab PAYMENT on the first page you will see that...and click on the MANAGE MY CARD 

43CA0BBF-56E2-48E6-8A8C-684564879CD4.png

redtulp0534
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@patatay wrote:

@steff12321 wrote:

You have paid for one extra month and next month you will not have to pay. Just lost out on ~2% APR which you could have gotten on the $45.20 in your savings account or about 7.5 cents. 

In regards to you not browsing Amazon to avoid accidental charges, I would suggest against that. Seeing as there is a One Click Order button, you could pretty easily charge the wrong card, or your credit card vs a gift card, or forget to apply a coupon. 

Just chalk it up to a mistake made, and move on with your life, honestly. I don't see what the big commotion is about. 

How dare you talking about moving on with life when some people have to budget every single meal to the point where they don’t have any meals sometimes at all? 

Think twice next time you point $45.20 in someone else’s monthly budget. 

Sorry if I was a little insensitive in my last post. 

You can definitely contact the @CS_Agent and see if they are willing to do anything for you. Unfortunately it was not an "unauthorized payment" like you mentioned, rather, you did authorize it, so they may be reluctant to refund you. The good news is your money is not lost, but will be used to pay off next month's bill, so you won't have to pay it then.

Also if you use AutoPay you can save $2/month which is some extra cash in your pocket, and you won't need to go out and buy vouchers every month. 

Good luck to you patatay!

patatay

@steff12321 wrote:

You have paid for one extra month and next month you will not have to pay. Just lost out on ~2% APR which you could have gotten on the $45.20 in your savings account or about 7.5 cents. 

In regards to you not browsing Amazon to avoid accidental charges, I would suggest against that. Seeing as there is a One Click Order button, you could pretty easily charge the wrong card, or your credit card vs a gift card, or forget to apply a coupon. 

Just chalk it up to a mistake made, and move on with your life, honestly. I don't see what the big commotion is about. 

How dare you talking about moving on with life when some people have to budget every single meal to the point where they don’t have any meals sometimes at all? 

Think twice next time you point $45.20 in someone else’s monthly budget. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@patatay wrote:

How can you accidently use your payment card?

@patatay I was about to tell you how, but @Anonymous has already done a great job of that.  To your Amazon question: like @steff12321, I would recommend you turn off One Click checkout on your Amazon account and pay attention to what you put into the checkout page when you do buy anything.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

His voucher did not work twice, as he had one charge on his debit card for the $40+Tax, and then he used the voucher once. 

This is definitely due to user error and I doubt the mods will refund (be it they are not able to or would refuse to) this amount back to your card. As many have said, the self serve portal asks you where you want to charge the top up to, and you must have accidentally selected your card and not voucher. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@patatay wrote:

should I avoid browsing amazon to avoid accident use of my debit card? 

@patatay 

The payment screen starts by default showing the registered card. The Payment Method is a drop down that you would then choose Payment Voucher and then go on to enter the voucher. Just like you have done all this time. But maybe you just went about selecting Payment Type and Amount Due in the lower box and made the payment.

It's called absent-mindedness. Happens to all of us. It just seems extremely unlikely that your voucher worked twice.

Have you heard back from the mods yet?

paymentPM.png

patatay

@srlawren wrote:

@patatay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Edit: somethings up here. There's no way you can enter a voucher in twice.

Post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

But i am due tomorrow and once in the past I forgot about it and got a message that my plan was not renewed and they did not took it from my visa debit card. I think this would still be unauthorized payment since I am not on autopay. I did not agree to this so they can’t do that

@patatay you can have a card on file without having autopay turned on.  I think @Anonymous is right that you intended to do a manual top-up from voucher but accidentally did it from the card you have on file.  If you always want to pay with voucher, you may want to remove the card on file so that you'd can't do this by accident again.

should I avoid browsing amazon to avoid accident use of my debit card? 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@patatay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But i am due tomorrow and once in the past I forgot about it and got a message that my plan was not renewed and they did not took it from my visa debit card. I think this would still be unauthorized payment since I am not on autopay. I did not agree to this so they can’t do that

@patatay you can have a card on file without having autopay turned on.  I think @Anonymous is right that you intended to do a manual top-up from voucher but accidentally did it from the card you have on file.  If you always want to pay with voucher, you may want to remove the card on file so that you'd can't do this by accident again.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@patatay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@patatay wrote:

I used their website and used my voucher to pay for it as I always do. Maybe 3 times I used my debit card for yhat purpose before

Or is it possible that your voucher didn’t put the money in your account and that’s why PM take the money with your card?!?

That what's odd. The OP said they don't have autopay. Or maybe do actually but they always use vouchers and maybe missed the renewal.

Edit again: I think you have a Visa debit registered. I think you did a manual payment from it forgetting to change the drop down box to voucher and leaving it the card on file. It took your money as told. Then you went about putting in the voucher. And that worked. And now you have $80 in your Available Funds.

I think you’re wrong. It is not the first time I did voucher payment. I’ve been with pm for 5.5 years.

I absolutely could be. I guess we'll see when the moderators figure it out and hopefully you'll report back the resolution. There's just no way a voucher would work twice though. That would be an awesome advantage to the customers.

patatay

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@patatay wrote:

I used their website and used my voucher to pay for it as I always do. Maybe 3 times I used my debit card for yhat purpose before

Or is it possible that your voucher didn’t put the money in your account and that’s why PM take the money with your card?!?

That what's odd. The OP said they don't have autopay. Or maybe do actually but they always use vouchers and maybe missed the renewal.

Edit again: I think you have a Visa debit registered. I think you did a manual payment from it forgetting to change the drop down box to voucher and leaving it the card on file. It took your money as told. Then you went about putting in the voucher. And that worked. And now you have $80 in your Available Funds.

I think you’re wrong. It is not the first time I did voucher payment. I’ve been with pm for 5.5 years.

patatay

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@patatay wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lieux wrote:

@patatay wrote:

patatay

@Lieux wrote:

@patatay wrote:

I think that makes a lot of sense.

i put the voucher number on, I saw it got $40 on my account and then after a while checked my bank account info and was surprised that got charged by pm. Then I typed in the same voucher that thank God did not take out with other garbage yet and went through again and now I have $80 on my account. 

@patatay wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@patatay wrote:

Do you even have a Visa debit card registered on your account?

All of this is while you wait for the moderators to get back to you.

Would you be willing to post a screenshot of your payment history? Blank out personal details of course.

patatay

Anonymous
Not applicable

@patatay wrote:

No

Is it possible that you used the card on file to do a top up amount? And also a voucher.

@patatay wrote:

Thank you

i want my money back. Not sure what makes you think i am ok with having it for my payment next month. I only wanted to pay for this month payment. 

Yes I can understand your frustration but we can do nothing here because we are customers like you. That's why I suggested to you to write a message to the moderator. THEY can help you and they have access to your account.Smiley Happy

patatay

Thank you

i want my money back. Not sure what makes you think i am ok with having it for my payment next month. I only wanted to pay for this month payment. 

@patatay wrote:

No

Write a message to the moderator they will help you with that. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

patatay

No

Anonymous
Not applicable

@patatay wrote:

I am not on autopay but they charged me $46 for renewal. I already put the number of payment voucher that I purchased. I would like the debit card payment to be cancelled immediately as I never did it. It’s unauthorized payment. 

Is it possible that you have another PM account using the same Visa debit card?

It seems exceedingly unlikely that without autopay it would just take money.

patatay

I am not asking for refund. This is unauthorized payment that was performed by pm!!!! 

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you ask the Moderators, they might be able to help you. But PM is a Pre-paid service so you aren't gauranteed a refund.

Moderator:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@patatay wrote:

The only way is to cancel your credit or debit card in your self serve account. You can see MANAGE MY CARD and you will be able to cancel it. And the payment will stay in your available funds for your next payment.Smiley Frustrated43CA0BBF-56E2-48E6-8A8C-684564879CD4.png

Need Help? Let's chat.