cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Unable to update credit card info in Self-Serve

So, I wish the 611 thing was a solution, but it isn't.  You can only use an already-registered credit card through 611...  When will the ability to update/register new cards be back, PM-folks?  This phonelessness is getting annoying...

I've been waiting all day for some offical word from PM on this.  No way to get my phone working without a "payment voucher" apparently, and who knows where to get one of those.  The best hint is a forum post from January listing a handful of merchants, none of which I live around.  So, yeah, not super useful.

I haven't even seen any official acknoledgement that this *is* a problem.  All their message on the login page mentions is lag and plan changes.  At least Rogers was reliably able to take my money.  Yeah, they took much more of it, but it was never a problem getting it to them...

Tags (1)
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Rhapsody, sorry to hear that you are unable to make a payment due to the system not functioning as it should.  I just tagged you in the Public Lab section where I recently requested PM to add more functionality to the 611 automated system.  Your current example makes an excellent point in favor of that idea.  

As for a solution to your immediate problem, I think you will have to provide payment info via email and let someone process it at the back end.  As Martin said, the webmail is secure.  

Oracle

@Rhapsody If calling is a "must" while you wait for PM to sort your problem, try a VOIP app for now. fongo.com is free calling across Canada, but you will need wifi access.

Hang in there; PM has an excellent history resolving issues.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Highlighted

Thanks, @Luddite!

Actually, just a few minutes ago they responded to my email from this morning.  They kicked me onto an (active) temporary plan (10 days, phone, no text, 150mb) and once I had an active plan the Self-Serve website let me update my card info!  So that was a huge relief.

Now I just need to get them to change my plan back to my real plan, so I responded to their email response letting them know what my plan is normally and asking that they change it from their side (since the plan change site is still not working).

We're half way to a resolution!  I'm feeling far more optimistic!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great news @Rhapsody! Also, thank you @Martin for clarifying the issue regarding the security of the online form.

Hopefully you'll be back to your preferred plan quickly.

Oracle

@Rhapsody I know it is really frustrating to lose service. Since being connected sounds crucial to your well being, have you considered creating a backup plan of some type? While I am at home I consider VOIP via Fongo on my internet connection good enough backup, and on the road we have a speakout7eleven for a few minutes of emergency calling. This actually gives us 3 different networks while at home: PM/Telus, Rogers (speakout), and start.ca over DSL. It is also 2 different unlocked phones, but sadly different SIM sizes.

Also, I would never port my current number until service with a new carrier has been established. There have been glitches where folks have lost both services for a time.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Legend

@youbme,

You're welcome!

Cheers.
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite wrote:

Also, I would never port my current number until service with a new carrier has been established. There have been glitches where folks have lost both services for a time.

Yes - though I'm not sure if even getting a new number, then porting will necessarily avoid service disruptions in all cases.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You make a really good point @7789849803. When I switched to PM, I considered holding off on porting, but realised that would only delay the possible issues that would come up with the port - so I did it all in one go and got lucky. However, we have a landline, my wife has her cell phone, and I have a phone in my office - going a couple of days without a cell phone would not be the end of the world for me. AND, I have excellent wifi in most locations I'm in, so using Fongo or Skype would have sufficed.

So, I would say it is certainly a case-by-case basis - just don't assume things will go as planned...

"aim low and hit the stars" Smiley LOL