cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sign up for autopay with mastercard

wwyx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been unable to sign up for auto-pay online, via my mastercard. I read on this forum that other cards (not mastercard) may work better, but I don't have a Visa card or an American Express. Every time I input my mastercard info in the "sign up for auto pay" application form and click submit, this error message shows up at the top of the page:

Unable to Process Transaction

Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

I've tried different internet browsers, deleting history/cookies, incognito windows, using a different computer/phone to submit, but to no avail. I also tried refreshing, logging out and in, closing and reopening window. I don't have an apartment number (so that field is empty for me) and I have tried following other suggestions in this forum, but it still doesn't work. My card has also been working with other transactions. Anyone have any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hgdavis123 wrote:

Hi! I have the the same problème with m'y Visa Débit. M'y bill issue due today and the store aren't open due to the Covid  crises. I Am a disabled senior and in a wheelchair. I world like to pay somehow.  My phone is my medical lifeline. Pleas help.

Make sure the debit card address matches what is on your bank account.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

Always restart your browser before login to your self-serve account to update your debit card info.

Go to payment page and click on Manage my card link at the bottom of payment page to update your debit card info.

hgdavis123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I have the the same problème with m'y Visa Débit. M'y bill issue due today and the store aren't open due to the Covid  crises. I Am a disabled senior and in a wheelchair. I world like to pay somehow.  My phone is my medical lifeline. Pleas help.

wwyx

Thanks @popping. I will try that.

wwyx

Thanks @CannonFodder. I have tried all the things you mentioned too, including waiting an hour to try again and clicking the question mark at the right bottom corner, but still not working yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wwyx 

And tagging over in the tags area does exactly nothing. Tagging the text here could possibly do something. But popping above has your best info.

Although I find that SIMon thing to be quite irritating.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wwyx 

Tagging moderator is not enough.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue

2. Ask for "moderator"

3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"

4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"

5. Click "Submit a ticket"

6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.

Good luck

@wwyx wrote:

I have tried the above tricks, but still doesn't work.

First of all, Mastercard DOES work - I have mine in the PM system, as I'm sure many others do as well.

As for trying the tricks mentioned by @Anonymous , I'd think that the EXACT match of the name on the card would be the most important, given that you've tried all the other usual stuff, and I've seen this sort of thing mentioned on other sites as well.

In any case, if you've tried this several times, it may well be as @Anonymous  mentioned, i.e. you MIGHT be locked out now, and need someone from the Moderator team to fix the issue.

Edit - turfed some useless drivel, since being ninja'd by the OP.

wwyx

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have tried the above tricks, but still doesn't work. I have tagged the moderator, maybe they can help if it's locked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wwyx 

How about no space in the postal code. Or have one but drop the last number.

Match the address style to what your billing address is.

Maybe even match the name on the payment card.

But you might also now be locked out thinking a fraud is happening. For that you would need the moderators to unlock it.

Need Help? Let's chat.