cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to replace credit card on account for Autopay

takanalikai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had previously used a Mastercard for autopay for 2-3 months without any problem, but I can't seem to attach a new Visa credit card on my public mobile account. When I called my visa card issuer, they said that Public Mobile is trying to charge $0 for my card, and that it did succcesfully go through.

So basically, PM is saying that my visa card issuer rejected the request, and my visa card issuer is saying that PM is rejecting my request. How should I proceed?

8 REPLIES 8

takanalikai

Yup I did try a few times with the wrong address (moved recently but forgot to update my CC address on file) before getting a CC rep to get the address sorted out. It's possible that by that time, my PM account may have already been locked out from the few failed attempts as you mentioned.

@takanalikai wrote:

Yup, the address is correct. I was literally trying this out real time while on the phone call with my CC rep, so that they can see what happened. I'll try to contact moderator and see what they say. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity. Did you already try many times?

Here is also important info below about which credit cards are accepted by PM.

Good luck!

Registering A Credit Or Visa Debit Card

If you didn’t register a card at activation, you can do so by signing in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Register my Credit or Visa Debit Card’. We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@takanalikaiDouble check the name and addresses of the credit card statements are made sure they are correct on the Publci Mobile's page.. make sure you don't use your apartment number and your postal code is only 6 characters (take out the space).

If that still doesn't work, then just use another credit card with be the path of least resistance. Public Mobile's payment system is a blackbox.

If the problem persists you'll have to get assistance from moderators. That could take a day or two.

You can get a voucher from 7-11 type of retailer until cc is accepted again. Also on-line at recharge.com. Then call 611 to get voucher on your account active.

takanalikai

Yup, the address is correct. I was literally trying this out real time while on the phone call with my CC rep, so that they can see what happened. I'll try to contact moderator and see what they say. Thanks!

takanalikai

Just tried again after removing. Same problem. Now stuck with a PM account without any credit card attached =/

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@takanalikai 

The key here may be your home address.

The address you enter must match exactly the address your financial institution has on file.

Do you have an apartment number? You must leave the apartment field blank, but you can add it to your civic address.
e.g. 1-123 Main Street, Your City, Prov POSTCODE

Be careful though. If you try too many times on PM website, it will get locked by PM.
Then you will need to contact Moderator_team for assistance. Reponse time varies from a few minutes up to 2 days.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@takanalikai wrote:

I had previously used a Mastercard for autopay for 2-3 months without any problem, but I can't seem to attach a new Visa credit card on my public mobile account. When I called my visa card issuer, they said that Public Mobile is trying to charge $0 for my card, and that it did succcesfully go through.

So basically, PM is saying that my visa card issuer rejected the request, and my visa card issuer is saying that PM is rejecting my request. How should I proceed?

Did you delete old credit card info before trying to register new one ? Try that.

Need Help? Let's chat.