cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register credit card all of the sudden after it worked in Autopay

koronade
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Autopay didn't work and my account has been suspended BUT I had a perfectly working Master Card registered on the account. Card has enough funds. No recent changes to the credit card or address it's registered too. Autopay worked in the last months with the same card.

Now when I try to register as a new card it says "Unable to process card". I  don't have another credit card!

11 REPLIES 11

@koronade wrote:

Thanks but no I had no phone service yesterday.

I tried all the suggested solutions (re-add card from scratch, erase cache), nothing works. I had to borrow someone else's card to make the payment and reactivate my account.

As in, you input their credit(or Visa debit) card into your self-serve account, and made the payment that way? If so, is YOUR card still listed in there, or only the other person's? If you used their card as a one time only thing, and your card is no longer in there, NOW maybe try re-inputting your card into your account. If it gets accepted, then try making a small dollar amount addition to your available funds, just to see if it'll now work.

You can buy a voucher and call 611 make a payment or use recharge.com or ding.com.

koronade

Thanks but no I had no phone service yesterday.

I tried all the suggested solutions (re-add card from scratch, erase cache), nothing works. I had to borrow someone else's card to make the payment and reactivate my account.

joshmandrusiak

Hey there try removing your credit card all the way and then re-adding it that's what happened to me hope it works

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Btw if your plan renewal is today march 29, you can disregard the status messages on your account. In fact, you should not check your account during the renewal process as your account will go through various stages. If your phone service is still working, all is well and your account status will return to normal when the renewal process completes some time during the day before 2pm et.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @koronade 

Sometimes your account will say "expired/suspended" 1 day before your payment is due.

If your services were working and it said suspended online. I suggest leaving it alone and it will go back to the "active" state online automatically the following day/overnight.

If your card is already on file, you can try adding a manual 1$ payment and see if it goes through. If it does then you do not need to update it.

PS. If your services are not working right now and you are unable to update/pay online.

You can make a payment by calling  611 from your phone for the time being. 

Keep us updated if you can??

Cheers

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@koronade wrote:

My Autopay didn't work and my account has been suspended BUT I had a perfectly working Master Card registered on the account. Card has enough funds. No recent changes to the credit card or address it's registered too. Autopay worked in the last months with the same card.

Now when I try to register as a new card it says "Unable to process card". I  don't have another credit card!

Try clearing your browser history and cache. Close browser and open a new one in incognito mode.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You may want to contact your credit card company to confirm all is well with your card.

If your card is valid, you may contact moderators to ask them to have a look.

Click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@koronade  Enter the address as it appears on your statement including case. If postal code contains a space then drop the last digit. If your address includes an apartment number or unit number do not enter it.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

You can buy at recharge.com but it'll cost little more. That's a work around if you can't get this fixed quickly.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@koronade  When you say it's "suspended", do you mean your service is no longer working, or are you referring to the message that they put out every 30 days, at renewal time, that also includes something along the lines of, "if you're on autopay, you can ignore this message"?

Need Help? Let's chat.