cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to process transaction. Sorry we are unable to verify your credit card information?

marajaudzems
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unable to process transaction. Sorry we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. What do I do now?

16 REPLIES 16

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am not surprised that your amex did not work.

As I mentioned koodo and PM seems to use the same prepaid portal.

My tangerine mastercard refuses to work with koodo. But my other credit cards work fine. I have never figured out why. 

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@zombie999 wrote:

Same problem here. Auto pay failed. They suspended my account without warning.

Manual payment said that card was declined. Called Amex, no problem there and no attempts to charge were made.

Tried paying again, this time got "unable to verify card details". Been using same card since the begining. No changes on the card.

Changed the card to visa, took forever to add but then it worked.

Public is bad! They should notify by text that payment failed and at least wait 24 hours before suspending the account. Even incoming calls were given busy signal, not even sent to voicemail.

Yea. This is something public should improve. Text customer when payment fails. 

Koodo did this to me once. But the website looks basically the same as PM so I suppose it's the same system. Hopefully they do this improvement. 

GibsonSGJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been pretty fortunate in that I've had an account with Public Mobile since 2015 and I've really had zero issues with my personal account. This payment situation with the mother in law's account is really the first snag I've run into.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@zombie999 Let me try to explain it this way. Telus is a Mercedes, Koodo is a Toyota and PM is a zombie car that is made up of a bunch of discarded and hand-me-down parts. The fact that the PM car starts let alone drives is a miracle. You need to understand  this and plan accordingly. Breakdowns are going to happen and since parts are hard to find understand that it might take some time to get up and running again.

Congratulations! You just won the forum. Fantastic analogy. Thanks for the read.

@zombie999 wrote:

Manual payment said that card was declined. Called Amex, no problem there and no attempts to charge were made.

Tried paying again, this time got "unable to verify card details". Been using same card since the begining. No changes on the card.

Public is bad! They should notify by text that payment failed and at least wait 24 hours before suspending the account. Even incoming calls were given busy signal, not even sent to voicemail.

@zombie999 Let me try to explain it this way. Telus is a Mercedes, Koodo is a Toyota and PM is a zombie car that is made up of a bunch of discarded and hand-me-down parts. The fact that the PM car starts let alone drives is a miracle. You need to understand  this and plan accordingly. Breakdowns are going to happen and since parts are hard to find understand that it might take some time to get up and running again.

zombie999

@GibsonSGJGet a voucher so the phone is back up and running.. then figure out the credit card issue.. my suggestion is try another card if possible.

GibsonSGJ

I'm at work now and don't have the card with me to try, but I will look at it again later today. We definitely want it set up as auto-pay for the discount and the ease of renewal. I have my personal Public Mobile account on Auto Pay changed the card a few months ago without issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GibsonSGJ wrote:

Wow, okay I am having the exact same issue with my mother in law's account that I'm trying to add her new updated credit card to. The previous card had expired.

The card is fine, it has zero balance but the public mobile site is acting all screwy, not saving the card etc.

I messaged the moderator team yesterday about this, so I'm just waiting to hear back.

I've tried again and it's still not working for me. Meanwhile, she is without a phone.

Use the identical address as on the billing address. Don't use space in postal code or drop last digit. It might be that the card is flagged as suspect now though.

You can also buy vouchers in many places or online (for a convenience fee) and use the self-serve or 611 service.

@GibsonSGJ wrote:

Wow, okay I am having the exact same issue with my mother in law's account that I'm trying to add her new updated credit card to. The previous card had expired.

The card is fine, it has zero balance but the public mobile site is acting all screwy, not saving the card etc.

I messaged the moderator team yesterday about this, so I'm just waiting to hear back.

I've tried again and it's still not working for me. Meanwhile, she is without a phone.

@GibsonSGJ  The Public Mobile AutoPay/CC feature is temperamental to say the least. While waiting for the moderator's response give it another try using a browser in privacy/incongnito mode with JavaScript enabled preferably using a desktop/laptop.

GibsonSGJ

@lenas61 wrote:

It is not my card. I called the bank and everything was fine with the card. Pass all payments except your site.

@lenas61 

Note: When entering the postal code do not enter any spaces. Also do not use the unit number field even if you live in an apartment or condo and use a desktop browser if you can.
What kinda card is it? If you can't add it ask the moderator team to add it for you.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

lenas61

It is not my card. I called the bank and everything was fine with the card. Pass all payments except your site.

lenas61

Credit card is not registered on your site. Can you troubleshoot your system. My phone is blocked due to software problems on your site. Service, unfortunately, is missing.

Thank you.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Give it an hour. and try again. Website can be finicky during busy during daytime hours.

Good luck and welocme to Public Mobile.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@marajaudzems wrote:

Unable to process transaction. Sorry we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. What do I do now?

@marajaudzems  You need to wait for an hour for the your previous session lock to clear from the PM system and try again. This time clear your browser's cache make sure you have cookis and JavaScript enabled and try again in an hour.

Need Help? Let's chat.