cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to process transaction - Can't make payment with credit card

jjrr11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have added a credit card to my account and am trying to make a payment to add some credits to my account, but am getting this error:

Unable to process this transaction.
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

I was able to add the card successfully but the payment won't go through.

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jjrr11 wrote:

Hi, I have added a credit card to my account and am trying to make a payment to add some credits to my account, but am getting this error:

Unable to process this transaction.
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

I was able to add the card successfully but the payment won't go through.

@jjrr11  If you made too many attempts the the PM system triggers a security credit card lock and that is why the payment isn't being accepted. You need to ask the moderators to clear the lock.

I make sure before I do anything account related (except just checking it) I as @will13am  mentioned clear/browser and go into secret/incognito mode just to be safe. You never know with pm it's a bit better safe than sorry...like manually topping up /paying for your service before auto pay kicks in on renewal day. Just avoids potential problems for the most part.

ilikepm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Some possible solutions:

1. Enter your name and address exactly as how it's on your credit card (profile). If unsure, check with your credit card provider.

2. Make sure the payment is within your credit limit.

3. Write your postal code without any spaces.

4. Do not refresh your browser while payment is being processed.

Hope this helps!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jjrr11 , the payment system is rather finicky.  Often the issue is misinterpretation of the address entered vs the one on file with the bank.  Make sure not to enter a suite number and do not insert a blank space when entering the postal code.  Try clearing browser cache before adding the credit card.  See if these strategies help.

Need Help? Let's chat.