cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to process this transaction

jonathan391989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My credit card expires soon so I attempted to add its replacement with updated expiry.  Unfortunately I get an error message when trying to change the card.  Card is tested as working this morning, and from what I've read on other posts, this may be a matter of having tried too many times (I think i had my address wrong a few times as it's a fairly new address).  Hopefully a moderator can contact me and reset this for me asap. 

11 REPLIES 11

Clear your browser history and cache, try incognito/private browsing mode.

Tricks on address - Not a single dwelling? Try Suite#-House# Any Street, Postal Code as A2A3A4 (no spaces)

I've signed up for a KOHO Prepaid Credit Card, as my previous prepaid card from Scotiabank has been discontinued.  I'm using the 'Virtual Visa' for online transactions without issue here at Public Mobile.  When I changed the card just last month, I needed to have an available balance on the card to have it activate.  NO problems yet, and I've both manually top up, and it's been through an AutoPay also.

jaydiggins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am also having this issue with my RBC Virtual Visa Debit card.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

While you are waiting for a moderator, you could try using a voucher.

https://www.k-mobile.ca/store-locator-phone-store-near-me/

PM100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You probably know this but your home address that your bank, in your case, has on file and the home address that you are using to update your CC must be EXACTLY the same. The slightest difference apparently causes it to fail.

Also i wonder if removing the old card first might also be helpful rather than just updating the cvs (?)...maybe not. 

jonathan391989

@computergeek541 wrote:

@jonathan391989 wrote:

Sorry, should have mentioned it is a Visa debit card, so no mag stripe.  I've used it to pay mine and my mothers pm accounts for a while now with no issues, but ywith my updated card (same card number, different expiry and CVV) i get the issue described above on both accounts.

I have messaged the moderator team as well with no reply as of yet (would have done so first, but didn't realise I could), but if anyone knows of a potential solution to try please let me know.

Visa Debit cards can have magnetic strips.  Mine has one.  Debit and credit card transactions are all perfectly valid whether they are done at a store through tap, swipe, or chip+PIN.  Either way, that makes no difference when making online purchases.

In the meanwhile, if you do need to make a top-up, you could visit a retail location that sells them.  

It's an RBC Virtual Visa Debit, no mag stripe, no chip, no NFC, takes the money from my checking account.  Strictly for online purchases.  It is my only "credit card" and I need to set up autopay with it, both to keep my autopay reward and because I prefer to automatically pay my bills.  The same card number has been set up and working before, but now I have to change it for the new card with a different expiry/CVV.

I do realise that purchasing a top up card is a useful solution once I get closer to my renewal date for my plan, assuming this issue hasn't been resolved by then, but for now I would rather get the card working for autopay. 

@jonathan391989 wrote:

Sorry, should have mentioned it is a Visa debit card, so no mag stripe.  I've used it to pay mine and my mothers pm accounts for a while now with no issues, but ywith my updated card (same card number, different expiry and CVV) i get the issue described above on both accounts.

I have messaged the moderator team as well with no reply as of yet (would have done so first, but didn't realise I could), but if anyone knows of a potential solution to try please let me know.

Visa Debit cards can have magnetic strips.  Mine has one.  Debit and credit card transactions are all perfectly valid whether they are done at a store through tap, swipe, or chip+PIN.  Either way, that makes no difference when making online purchases.

In the meanwhile, if you do need to make a top-up, you could visit a retail location that sells them.  

@duffer900 wrote:

Have you used the card at a Point of Sale terminal yet? Sometimes new cards need to be used once at a terminal, then used for things like Online purchases, etc.

I've never heard or any such credit card issuer restriction.  If a card has been properly activated, it should work.  Restrictions for certain types and amounts of purchases are usually based on customer usage patterns.

jonathan391989

@duffer900 wrote:

Perhaps try dialing 611 from your phone and making a payment that way?

I will try that tomorrow if a moderator doesn't contact me soon.  I really just want to update my card info to make sure my autopay is set up for my next payment but as it's the day before payday I can't make a payment right now.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Perhaps try dialing 611 from your phone and making a payment that way?

jonathan391989

Sorry, should have mentioned it is a Visa debit card, so no mag stripe.  I've used it to pay mine and my mothers pm accounts for a while now with no issues, but with my updated card (same card number, different expiry and CVV) i get the issue described above on both accounts.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jonathan391989 wrote:

My credit card expires soon so I attempted to add its replacement with updated expiry.  Unfortunately I get an error message when trying to change the card.  Card is tested as working this morning, and from what I've read on other posts, this may be a matter of having tried too many times (I think i had my address wrong a few times as it's a fairly new address).  Hopefully a moderator can contact me and reset this for me asap. 

Have you used the card at a Point of Sale terminal yet? Sometimes new cards need to be used once at a terminal, then used for things like Online purchases, etc.

Also, if you need to contact a moderator...

click here to private message them

Need Help? Let's chat.