cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pay with credit card

Isaiah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Error is "Sorry, we are unable to process your credit card request. Please ensure your credit card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, please contact your credit card provider for more information."

Tried 3 separate credit cards. Cannot pay for my plan. Embarrassing, I have had more trouble with forms on this website than anywhere else in my existence as a human person.

14 REPLIES 14

Ox

It's kind of frustrating, because I got a working credit card.  Firefox+ the same credit card works for other website, but failed again, and again and again for publicmobile.

Ox

firefox, not work;edge not work; and chrome worked.

kellyrae1

My credit card is working fine, I called cc company to confirm but public mobile site reads unable to process and I’m not able to change VC number either. I have no cell phone plan at the moment and I’m so frustrated by not getting a response from my public mobile email. At this point I’m goig to leave public. Trying to get an issue resolved is beyond maddening. 

Also be aware, there are some locations that sell real time vouchers, where the clerk will ask how much, and your phone number to pay directly, with out a voucher code to enter.

@Isaiah wrote:

Like a prepaid CC? What qualifieds as a voucher?

@Isaiah

IMG_20171208_131236.jpg

This is how my local 7-11 stocks them. In my Shopper's Drug Mart they carry fixed denominations ($28 and $43).

Make sure that you get the print-out with your voucher PIN from the cashier, this is just the place holder and doesn't have any value.

@ShawnC13, slightly different than a secured VISA as there was no credit check required, however it has very small fees, infrequent too, can not go into a negative balance, and the limits are reasonably set at a max value of cash on the card is $2400.

The movie points are a nice perk too!

@stonechucker, great thanks for updating with that info everything I have read said they wouldn't work but I am wondering if there is a difference between the gift type prepaid Visas and yours which sounds like  a secured Visa as it is also tied in with scene points.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13, I registered, and continue to use the same prepaid, reloadable credit card.

I can confirm, the Scotiabank Prepaid Scene VISA works with Public Mobile, and various other services.

@Isaiah, a voucher can be purchased at Shoppers Drug mart, Canadian Tires some other gas stations.  It isn't a prepaid credit card and the system doesn't accept the prepaid CC.  The vouchers are generally found with the gift cards on those racks and will say PublicMobile Payment Voucher or something like that

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Isaiah

Like a prepaid CC? What qualifieds as a voucher?

Isaiah

Tried it all. Cant get past account activate screen once I select a plan so i cant even get a 4-digit pin.... what a mess

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Isaiah After you confirm there have been no charges to your credit cards, you could try again from the beginning: https://activate.publicmobile.ca

Some "tricks" to try:

• clear browser's cache, turn off any add/popup blockers
  • use Chrome incognito mode
  • if you are in an apt/condo enter only the street address
  • be sure your postal code is entered WITHOUT spaces

If you have already been charged, or get invalid SIM error, you will need moderator assistance. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your SIM number, account email address and an explanation.

I also recommend some additional reading before trying again: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes the portal needs major improvement. @Brooke_C are you able to shed any light as to when any of the long standing portal issues might be fixed?

@Isaiah double check with your cc companies that no charges actually went through.

Common issues are leaving out last digit of postal code or the unit number for apartments.

Worst case stop at shell or some other voucher vendor and buy a voucher.  That should not need to be the solution but unfortunately sometimes it is.

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sorry to hear about that. Which internet browser are you using? I noticed that it is better to use internet explorer 10 to access your public mobile account than Google Chrome. My aunt had the same issue when she tried to update her credit card information, but it worked after using Internet explorer over Chrome. 

Need Help? Let's chat.