cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make a payment

Tania19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, public mobile won’t accept my credit card. I tried with numerous cards but it was still unable. I can’t make the payment and it will expire what should i do? Really disappointed

13 REPLIES 13

r_chehade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are you on autopay? If so, make sure the address that you enter in the required fields is exactly the same way as it is written on your credit card statements. 

Rachid

@farzanehalikhan wrote:

unable to make a payment

Are you trying to pay by credit card or vouchers?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Self-Serve-Account-Management/ta-p/245...

Registering a Credit or Visa Debit Card

If you didn’t register a card at activation, you can do so by signing in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Register my Credit or Visa Debit Card’. We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Setting up AutoPay

Setting up AutoPay means that you earn $2 every 30 days!

To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

Retail

Instant Top-Up

Instant top-ups are the best way to pay in retail with the flexibility to top-up what you want between $10 to $100 and the simplicity of having it added right to your account without needing a PIN. Simply tell the cashier how much you want topped up and provide them with your phone number. Instant top-ups are currently available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations. Contact your local store for details.

Purchasing Vouchers

We also accept payment vouchers, which you can purchase at our retail partners. Payment voucher PINs are 12-digit numeric codes located on the receipt. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. To top up using a voucher, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘One Time Payment’. In the form on the next page, select ‘Payment Voucher’ as your payment method and enter your voucher code below, then click ‘Submit’.

farzanehalikhan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

unable to make a payment

@Tania19  Try rebooting the device you are using first then open only one tab in secret/incognito mode using chrome, Firefox or safari. Follow the other members instructions about postal code and the apt/unit box. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Tania19 wrote:

Hello, public mobile won’t accept my credit card. I tried with numerous cards but it was still unable. I can’t make the payment and it will expire what should i do? Really disappointed

First off, take a step back and breath 🙂 Try not to get too disappointed when there are hang-ups. There might be a perfectly good reason it is not working. First, clear all cache and browser history. When you enter your card make sure all the numbers are correct. Make sure the name on your account lines up with the name on your credit card verbatim. Make sure your address is correct. 

If none of that works go talk with SIMon

And open a ticket.

In the meantime you can buy a voucher, or try using a different payment method. Another card or a Visa Debit.

You can also search the Forum that speaks to issues like this. This question has come up a few times.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/bd-p/paying_for_your-service

Have a great day!

@Anonymous Google's artificial intelligence. any Google pixel series phone should be able to do it. or you can download gboard 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

@Anonymous  when you set up the card you have an option to take a picture with your phone. It should be to the right of the box where you manually input the numbers. nevermind sorry. it's my phone that does it lol. if you have gboard a camera icon will come up when you start entering the numbers

@gpixel 

Ah. Ok. Thanks. That saves me going about checking it out on a mobile. On attempting to set up a card in Google Pay I know it comes up with the camera method. And Samsung Pay. But I hadn't heard about that in this system. Particularly not on a mobile.

So how does it know you're typing in a cc #?

@Anonymous  when you set up the card you have an option to take a picture with your phone. It should be to the right of the box where you manually input the numbers. nevermind sorry. it's my phone that does it lol. if you have gboard a camera icon will come up when you start entering the numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

also I took a picture of the card rather than manually putting it in

Say what now? What does taking a picture do? Is this a function I haven't heard about? I know the phone pay services can do that for setting up a card. But this place? I haven't fiddled around in autopay for some time now.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Tania19 hi, your credit card details needs to be exactly correct. one thing I did is if you have a middle name to put it in your last name box before your last name and that worked for me. also I took a picture of the card rather than manually putting it in

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tania19  Public will set a lock when one makes multiple attempts to add their card. Their system is very temperamental. Your options are purchase a voucher online

https://www.xoom.com/canada/mobile-reloads

Or submit a ticket to Public and ask them to remove the lock.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Tania19 wrote:

Have you tried your browser in Private/incognito mode?  Also if you are in an apartment don't enter your unit number in the address and I think it is no spaces in the Postal Code

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tania19 

Go to recharge.com and buy a voucher to cover your required amount. It costs a little more for the convenience but it might be faster than waiting for the mods.

For the card, make sure to match the address exactly as your billing address. Don't use the apt# field. No space in the postal code or drop the last digit.

But by now your account might be locked for multiple tries thinking a fraud is happening.

Need Help? Let's chat.