cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Public Mobile Network - Not new user, same phone

dinob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI, I am on PM for few years and havent had problems but my phone is unable to connect to your network for few days now.  I am on same phone I used before, so it is not new phone.

My cycle starts on 4th which is today but I realized I run out of funds so I went and did payment 3 days ago, but I am still unable to connect.  

Anyways, today is 4th and I am still unable to connect?  The PM page shows that I have full balance but it also says "Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start."  I paid it 3 days ago and it is still not restarted?

This message tells me that once payment is done, cycle will restart; obviously, that is not the case.  

Beside, PUblic Mobile page is designed to be very unfriendly

7 REPLIES 7

@dinob wrote:

OK, I got it, thank you.

I guess I was missreading the message below.  I would say that this message:

"Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start."

, should say ""Pay your amount due in order for your plan cycle to re-start at 11:59PM of the cycle due date end (4th of the month, midnight).  To be able to use data earlier, buy extra minutes.", or something along these lines.

Btw, I dont see anywhere an option to add minutes so that I can use still data until my cycle is restarted.  For example, I run out of data on 2nd and my cycle starts at 4th midnight.  I see no way to add extra minutes for perios from 2nd to 4th midnight?

... and no, my calls still work, I just cannot connect to PM network and browse internet etc.  Calling is working.

@dinob There are 2 data add ons you can purchase that roll over til they are used up. You can purchase them to supplement your plan on the last couple of days of your plan cycle. However they are pricey.  $10/200mb or $30/1gb. You would be better off bumping up your plan to the next $$ level. I.E. $40 plan has 5gb w/Auto pay but the $50 plan has 8.5gb w/Auto pay. Only $10 more for 3.5gb you can schedule it to change on your next renewal. Otherwise just use free WiFi for a couple of days...or I don't know...read a book, go for walk to enjoy the fall colours, watch the division series or call a friend for coffee.

dinob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

OK, I got it, thank you.

I guess I was missreading the message below.  I would say that this message:

"Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start."

, should say ""Pay your amount due in order for your plan cycle to re-start at 11:59PM of the cycle due date end (4th of the month, midnight).  To be able to use data earlier, buy extra minutes.", or something along these lines.

Btw, I dont see anywhere an option to add minutes so that I can use still data until my cycle is restarted.  For example, I run out of data on 2nd and my cycle starts at 4th midnight.  I see no way to add extra minutes for perios from 2nd to 4th midnight?

... and no, my calls still work, I just cannot connect to PM network and browse internet etc.  Calling is working.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dinob 

The date shown on top of your overview page is the payment due date.  You renewal date is the payment due date +1 day.  If you payment due date is Oct 4th and you added fund to your account 3 days ago, the fund will be used to renewal after midnight ET.

Edit: 

Which plan do you have?

Were you run out of minutes, text or data?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Is there reactivate button

What is your status

Do you have access to another phone, sometimes their antenna just goes

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@dinob wrote:

HI, I am on PM for few years and havent had problems but my phone is unable to connect to your network for few days now.  I am on same phone I used before, so it is not new phone.

My cycle starts on 4th which is today but I realized I run out of funds so I went and did payment 3 days ago, but I am still unable to connect.  

Anyways, today is 4th and I am still unable to connect?  The PM page shows that I have full balance but it also says "Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start."  I paid it 3 days ago and it is still not restarted?

This message tells me that once payment is done, cycle will restart; obviously, that is not the case.  

Beside, PUblic Mobile page is designed to be very unfriendly

Hi,When you say unable to conect do you mean nothing is working like text, calls, data? Have you tried restarting your phone? 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@dinob does it show as active on your overview page?   Did you try restarting your phone?

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

If your account says pay by 11:59 pm today then this is actually your day 30 and your plan renews overnight tonight, hasn’t happened yet.

Are you saying nothing is working on your phone or just one aspect such as data or calling in/out?

If you ran out of something such as outgoing calling minutes, putting money into your account just prepares you for the upcoming renewal on the scheduled day, it doesn’t buy you extra minutes unless you actually use those funds to buy extra minutes to use until your next renewal.

Let us know......

Terry

Need Help? Let's chat.