cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change credit card

bluekamera
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My AutoPay is due in a couple days, so thanks to the text reminder I went in to change my credit card info since my old card had to be replaced in the months since I signed up with Public in September. I entered the card and said it was declined by my issuing bank, but tried other cards and they all declined. Tried again in different browsers and in incognito mode - no luck! Can't even make a one-time payment let alone replace the card for AutoPay.

The payment attempts are showing as $0.00 authorizations in my online banking accounts, so I think it's an issue on the Public Mobile end. Any suggestions so I'm not left without service? Just want to be able to pay when AutoPay is due!

12 REPLIES 12

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jaspreetkaurt Please, click here:

2.jpg

jaspreetkaurt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello i want to change my card info on Autopay..

How can i do that..

Please help

fathom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had the same issue but resolved it quite simply:

Instead of choosing 'Manage Autopay', choose "One time payment'.

Once in that option, choose the highlighted orange option "Manage credit or Visa Debit card"

Change the credit card, save

And voila, that new credit card is now in the "Manage Autopay" section

🙂

bluekamera

I was in contact with the mods and apparently for whatever reason I had to leave out ANY numbers in the address line (not even my street number), and that made it work. Quite strange! I had tried Apt#-Street# before and that didn't work, but thankfully with no numbers at all it worked. Thanks again everyone!

Apartment numbers are a problem some times.  I did the following when I entered my address:

APT#-BUILDING# Streetname StretetType

of 201-126 Anystreet Ave

Also, postal code in A1A1A1 form (no spaces)

bluekamera

Thanks everyone for your suggestions - I will contact the mods.

I had already deleted my card to enter it fresh, and attempted incognito mode, but it is possible that there may have been a slight variation for my address? I'm just surprised it showed on my online banking end as well!

Hope the mods can help. Thanks again!

In addition to @NDesai's suggestions, try deleteing your card first then entering it from scratch.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

youbme

It sounds like you will need to contact the Mods to get it fixed.

However, I know that another issue that often arises with credit cards has to do with the billing address. For some reason, the address and name on the card has to be exact, when it is even slightly off (e.g. Rd vs. Road) then it can return as a declined card. Since you've already tried several times, I would just get it updated through the mods.

Keep us posted!

closng

Hi @bluekamera,

I would send a message to the Moderators letting them know your issue (include your account details such as account number, phone number and pin) and perhaps they can update your payment details from the backend.

Here is the link to send a message to the Moderators:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@bluekamera try changing using incognito/private browsing mode or Safari browser on Apple devices. Alternatively, you can purchase pm vouchers from local stores like Canadian Tire or SDM. 

bluekamera

Using Mastercard originally, then tried Visa as well

KMG

Are you using an AMEX card?  These often fail with PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.