Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate AUTOPAY

Melans
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am trying to activate autopay and I am getting this error everytime:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

I am using a BMO debit card.

What can I do?

Many thanks.

19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tav wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@Tav, I would assume if it was allowed when you signed up for AutoPay, then it *should* still work.  However, I cannot provide personal experience on this.

I do know, that to update any information, removing the card first from AutoPay is required, and by personal experience, logging out of My Account, closing browser, and then logging in to My Account, and adding back the same card with all the correctly copied/pasted information works.

Please note, if you have a 'helpful' apps or add-ons or browser extension active, these can cause issues with filling out the form(s).

I have used two different credit cards (one expired since I have signed up) to successfully pay for the service. Just hesitant to let autopay work its magic since I've heard some horror stories on here and I'm inbetween jobs so I can't afford for my phone to go down so I've just been manually topping it up using the make a payment option in my account. 

Other than the inconvenience, that's how you get the autopay reward and not use the cc.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stonechucker wrote:

@Tav, I would assume if it was allowed when you signed up for AutoPay, then it *should* still work.  However, I cannot provide personal experience on this.

I do know, that to update any information, removing the card first from AutoPay is required, and by personal experience, logging out of My Account, closing browser, and then logging in to My Account, and adding back the same card with all the correctly copied/pasted information works.

Please note, if you have a 'helpful' apps or add-ons or browser extension active, these can cause issues with filling out the form(s).

I have used two different credit cards (one expired since I have signed up) to successfully pay for the service. Just hesitant to let autopay work its magic since I've heard some horror stories on here and I'm inbetween jobs so I can't afford for my phone to go down so I've just been manually topping it up using the make a payment option in my account. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

If anything works for your autopay you will have to write a message to the moderator-team https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 with the explanation of what happened to you @Melans. They will contact you within 24 to 48 hours. Be patient there is a solution for sure.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stonechucker wrote:

The trick for credit card or visa debit cards is to use the exact format as displayed on your statements.  All uppercase, make it all upper case.  Apt-house number, put it that way.  Postal code no space, keep it no space.

Copy and paste from a PDF copy if you can.

I have yet to let autopay do its thing but can make manual payments using my card that I have registered for autopay.

Public Mobile won't let me add a space in the postal and my bank (CIBC) won't let me remove it. 

What's the likelihood it will give me trouble if I let it run automatically on my renewal date?

The trick for credit card or visa debit cards is to use the exact format as displayed on your statements.  All uppercase, make it all upper case.  Apt-house number, put it that way.  Postal code no space, keep it no space.

Copy and paste from a PDF copy if you can.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai: Thanks for that. Although not all of those cards will work here. I tried a Vanilla branded Mastercard and it didn't work here. I then got a Visa Gift card and it works.

@sprocket: Interesting. That must be why some suggest no space or dropping the last character.

sprocket

It is possible that the postal code on your card is not identical to the postal code on your PM account. I know some online purchases have declined on my card because there was no space in between on the account i was using to purchase but was on my card

@Melans There is another method you can use to activate AutoPay, but it will cost you some fees. Using your current dedit card, buy a prepaid Visa or Mastercard gift card from any retail store. Use up all available balance on the prepaid card somewhere and leave just $1 on it OR use it to add funds into your account. You can use this prepaid card to Activate AutoPay. To pay for your renewal, you must add funds via voucher. You can either buy selected amount or instant topup from various retail stores, local gas stations or online (at recharge.com). Without vouchers or accepted credit card, there is no other way to pay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Melans wrote:

Then, how can I top up my simcard?

I would not like to buy any voucher.

Many thanks.

If you don't have a credit card or Visa Debit then vouchers are your only other option. You can buy vouchers in any store that sells gift cards or online at recharge.com.

Melans

Then, how can I top up my simcard?

I would not like to buy any voucher.

Many thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lil_ana83 wrote:

Go in person to your nearest mobile store where you purchased. Maybe call or go to your bank and get some information. Maybe there's a security you don't know bout?? I could also suggest to call public mobile or dial *611 on you phone n follow the instructions. 

Best of luck to you @Melans

The only customers that can call Public Mobile are the really long time customers...and that's about to run out.

611 can't add a card. Only pre-registered and vouchers.

Edit: @Alex888: expiration is a moot point in this case. It wasn't actually a Visa Debit to begin with.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Have you checked the expiration date on the card?

You can go to https://www.recharge.com/en and buy a voucher then use that to load funds to your account for now until you get autopay activated.

Lil_ana83
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Go in person to your nearest mobile store where you purchased. Maybe call or go to your bank and get some information. Maybe there's a security you don't know bout?? I could also suggest to call public mobile or dial *611 on you phone n follow the instructions. 

Best of luck to you @Melans

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I went to look at Visa Debit and BMO is not even a dealer.

Melans

You are right, it is mastercard.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Melans, I haven't been a BMO customer for some time.  IIRC, they deal in masercMast products.  Only visa debit is accepted.  See applicable knowledge base article.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

Melans

stock visa debit card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Melans wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to activate autopay and I am getting this error everytime:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

I am using a BMO debit card.

What can I do?

Many thanks.

Is that VISA Debit or just the old plain old bank account debit card?

Need Help? Let's chat.