cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Verify Your Credit Card Information? Here is my solution.

brusselsboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Guys,

I know the autopay with your credit card has troubled many of us. Here is my story:

- Before August 15, I set up autopay with my credit card (RBC Cash Back MasterCard) for autopay and it was successfully added.

- August 15, my phone service was suspended because of failed autopay. Then I tried multiple times adding my MasterCard for autopay and a one-time payment but all in vain. The error message was: ''...Unable to Verify Your Credit Card...". I was sure that all the information I provided in the form was correct. I called RBC which told me that everything was perfectly fine and STRONGLY ADVISED me to ask Public Mobile about what the missing information was. This is just impossible because such a service doesn't exist for Public Mobile. In the end, a friend of mine helped me with his TD Visa credit card.

- August 17, I tried my MasterCard again by making a ONE-time payment. Surprisingly, it was successful because I saw C$25 was added to my balance! So I set up for autopay with the credit card and it was also 'successful', showing the message 'thanks your request has been completed'. I will let you know if this is REALLY successful for the next payment.

I hope this can help some Public Mobile users facing this issue.

Cheers,
brusselsboy

----

I cannot explain my success on Aug 17. It might be because Public Mobile cleared the credit card information I provided in their system so I could set up autopay even with the same credit card (as long as it is correct).

20 REPLIES 20

Okanaganduo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Okanaganduo wrote:

Weird .   MY phone service was suspended today August 17..... autopay failed to take money from my Mastercard??!!!  It worked the past 2 months! Flawlessly. 

I re-entered the card number and made a payment.   Bingo!  Phone was working in seconds. 

Hopefully, they will have whatever their issues are cleared up by next month?? 

I hope 🤞this does not mean their system has been compromised and I will now have trouble with my C.Card!!!!

@Okanaganduo hi this is an ongoing issue with auto pay it is suggested by many here to make a manual payment to your account a couple of days early to insure there is money in your account to pay for your plan 

Okanaganduo

Weird .   MY phone service was suspended today August 17..... autopay failed to take money from my Mastercard??!!!  It worked the past 2 months! Flawlessly. 

I re-entered the card number and made a payment.   Bingo!  Phone was working in seconds. 

Hopefully, they will have whatever their issues are cleared up by next month?? 

I hope 🤞this does not mean their system has been compromised and I will now have trouble with my C.Card!!!!

@stanleylai998 wrote:

Same problem autopay didnt work on the day of renewal and now my account is suspended. Tried manually paying and it says credit card verification failed

@stanleylai998   Sometimes you just need to wait and try again, perhaps an hour or two later before PM's system will accept the payment.  Also it's a good idea to use incognito mode and clear your browser of cookies/cache before retrying.

Have to agree though that autopay system should ideally never fail and customers shouldn't have to worry about it happening either.  Having said that the majority of customers with autopay never have any payment failures, unfortunately it seems to happen to a small percentage of accounts and obviously creates unnecessary frustration for those affected.

stanleylai998

Same problem autopay didnt work on the day of renewal and now my account is suspended. Tried manually paying and it says credit card verification failed

@cyboiscl wrote:

how do i contact a moderator.  they are not accepting my credit card for payment and my account is suspended

@cyboiscl hello try contacting a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue, you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cyboiscl wrote:

how do i contact a moderator.  they are not accepting my credit card for payment and my account is suspended

Click Get Help up top. Chat with the stupid chatbot to muddle your way through submitting a ticket or a private message.

Edit: you can also use a voucher to restart the service

cyboiscl

payment type2-01.jpeg

@Madtv953 if your credit card is still registered, then try to make a manual payment and choose "other, enter desired amount" and enter the amount manually

@Spltshft @stanleylai998 contact customer support mods here

type "cannot process payment"

(use the chat bubble options, click "voucher" then click "contact us" then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Spltshft

I am having the same issue but even with manual adding it I am getting the same error.

Madtv953

I'm having the same problem I set up for auto pay and it was working perfectly fine till 3 days ago I had money in my account and I want to try put out and so was decline due to insufficient funds I have money in my account please help

brusselsboy

I knew there are some other ways. For example, you can buy a public mobile voucher on recharge.com. Apparently you have to extra for that. Better to do it manually every month or get the autopay issue fixed.

brusselsboy

Good to know that! Thanks!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

Since your account had issues with autopay you should not rely on it it.

I suggest you keep withdrawing manually from your cc

Contact moderators and ask them to look into it for you, if they confirm everything is ok you can try relying on autopay again, but keep monitoring on the renewal date just so you don't find yourself without service 5 days later when you urgently need your phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brusselsboy 

We all get a "heads up" text from here a day or three before renewal. Think of manually paying as just another bill to pay.

Then, for autopay, you can still get the $2 even though you already have money in your account.

You can also use those prepaid "credit" card gift cards. Spend it out elsewhere and then it has zero balance and STILL good for the autopay reward.

Just keep money in the account.

@brusselsboy wrote:

True...At the moment I'm not sure if AUTOPAY will be successful but it is quite bothering to top up manually every month because I might forget about it and because we won't receive a $2 credit.

In general, I think Public Mobile is very slow to resolve many of the common problems like autopay and the 672 area code.

- Because of the failed autopay, my phone service was suspended, which cause some trouble for me on August 15.

- Because of the 672 area code, my phone number has been considered INVALID by some giant companies such as Skype, Subway, and ICBC (driving licensing organization in BC province). A government office in PEI also told me that they couldn't call my 672 phone number.

I won't change my phone number for the time being though because I selected a very good number.

@brusselsboy hi you will still receive your 2 dollar autopay if you top up manualy as long as yor cc is registered for autopay in fact it is probably best to top up a few days ahead of due date😁

brusselsboy

True...At the moment I'm not sure if AUTOPAY will be successful but it is quite bothering to top up manually every month because I might forget about it and because we won't receive a $2 credit.

In general, I think Public Mobile is very slow to resolve many of the common problems like autopay and the 672 area code.

- Because of the failed autopay, my phone service was suspended, which cause some trouble for me on August 15.

- Because of the 672 area code, my phone number has been considered INVALID by some giant companies such as Skype, Subway, and ICBC (driving licensing organization in BC province). A government office in PEI also told me that they couldn't call my 672 phone number.

I won't change my phone number for the time being though because I selected a very good number.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @brusselsboy I didn't know that the fraud lock cleared after 2 days. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@brusselsboy honestly I wouldn't bother testing auto-pay. I would just manually top up funds before your renewal date. you might as well just manually add the funds you need for next renewal minus your rewards right now. then when you receive the text your plan renewed, just manually top up again

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@brusselsboy wrote:

Hi Guys,

I know the autopay with your credit card has troubled many of us. Here is my story:

- Before August 15, I set up autopay with my credit card (RBC Cash Back MasterCard) for autopay and it was successfully added.

- August 15, my phone service was suspended because of failed autopay. Then I tried multiple times adding my MasterCard for autopay and a one-time payment but all in vain. The error message was: ''...Unable to Verify Your Credit Card...". I was sure that all the information I provided in the form was correct. I called RBC which told me that everything was perfectly fine and STRONGLY ADVISED me to ask Public Mobile about what the missing information was. This is just impossible because such a service doesn't exist for Public Mobile. In the end, a friend of mine helped me with his TD Visa credit card.

- August 17, I tried my MasterCard again by making a ONE-time payment. Surprisingly, it was successful because I saw C$25 was added to my balance! So I set up for autopay with the credit card and it was also 'successful', showing the message 'thanks your request has been completed'. I will let you know if this is REALLY successful for the next payment.

I hope this can help some Public Mobile users facing this issue.

Cheers,
brusselsboy

----

I cannot explain my success on Aug 17. It might be because Public Mobile cleared the credit card information I provided in their system so I could set up autopay even with the same credit card (as long as it is correct).

@brusselsboy I guess we can hope they are fixing this issue 

Need Help? Let's chat.