cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Make Payment

alx886
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi There,

I've been trying to make a payment all day and for some reason the system is not accepting my credit card information.  I have contacted my credit card company and they said all is fine so it's not an issue on their end, in fact, I verified the credit card information with them, specifically my address and it's all fine.  Can someone please contact me to have a look.

12 REPLIES 12

alx886

Thanks everyone for your feedback, she did get a voucher to get it taken care of and I've contacted the moderator team for them to look at my account and add my credit card so I think we're ok.

Thank you all once again, all answers were very helpful.

@alx886 

I think you are correct that youve triggered a fraud alert lock. When is your renewal? You may want to get a voucher just to be safe as moderator support is seriously backed up. Wait times are currently 72+ hours.  Send ticket a ticket via simon asking that they unlock the account. You may want to follow up the ticket with a private message detailing the issue and include:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. E-mail, phone # and pin#.

Include your credit card info and ask them to add it for you. That way it just gets done and you dont have to have anymore back and forth if you encounter more problems.

alx886

Thank you very much for the information, I tried again this morning and still I get:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

I've only tried once and I will wait to try again later, this makes no sense, the card I'm using is the same as before except my previous card expired.  I did check the address and followed the guidelines shown above, in fact, I contacted my credit card company and walked through it with them verifying each field to make sure it was correct.

My only other guess is that the account may be locked, or I may have triggered some sort of fraud protection so I may need a MOD to check the account and clear it before proceeding further.

Thank you all for your assistance and suggestions.

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
  • Make sure the billing information you entered is exactly as shown on your credit card statement.
  • Do not include any apartment/condo/suite numbers, and do not enter any special characters or abbreviations in the address line.

@alx886 

Try again preferably after you have not made any attempts for 24 hours. Accounts get locked after 2 attempts or 2 successful payments and a minimum 1 hour wait to try again (24 hrs is overkill but we're playing it safe here.) Follow this method:

After choosing "manage my card" choose "replace my card" if possible or from the payments page choose "the manage my card" option under the payment method box. But before you start do this:

1. Clear the browser of your device and close all tabs.
  2. Do device maintenance.
  3. Reboot your device.
  4. Open one tab only using chrome, firefox or safari.
  5. Use secret/private/incognito mode.

Have both your credit cards billing address and your official Canada post address ready....

1. If your statement is in ALL CAPS then use them.
  2. Do not autofill whatsoever.
  3. Do not use the apt/unit box. Leave it blank.
  4. If you have a suite # add it to your street address.
  5. When you fill out the street address default to the canada post address if there is a discrepancy. You can use the billing address on your second attempt if necessary.
  6. Example: (suite#) 101-123 1ST AVE E , MYTOWN , PROV , CANADA , X0X0X0
  7. Do not use a space in the postal code. If there is one on your second attempt leave a space and drop the last digit.
  8. Make sure you use the full name on the card.

If possible attempt this late at night when the site has less traffic. Double check your work. Submit the credt card/address without a payment attached to have it register. If it fails then try again with the above mentioned corrections. Then if accepted attempt a $1 payment.

@alx886 

Was the error message ".....something your card. Please contact your credit card issuer. "?

alx886

Hi There, 

I did wait a bit and yes, there's no credit card on file because I removed it in the hopes that I could add it again.  I'm not sure who else to speak with so they can lift any blocks that will allow me to once again enter in the credit card.  I will wait until tomorrow and see, I would rather do it this way than go out and buy a voucher, get it done once and for all.

Thank you, please let me know if you have any further advice.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@alx886 

You dont have a credit card registered to the account so the card you are trying to use is getting rejected when you try to add it.

The payment system will not accept any card after two attempts whether successful or not. Wait a couple of hours before trying to add it again. If you do get it added successfully do not try more than two payments (rejects) or you will have to contact the moderators** to unlock the payment fraud security lock.

It may be a better idea for now to purchase a voucher and add it via 611. Shell stations, London drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart, 7/11 all have vouchers that are immediately valid and loadable onto your account so does walmart but its not 100% verified that they are immediately valid.  Canadian tire gas bars also have real time payments for a $1 fee.

**Moderator wait times are 72+ hours at the moment you want to avoid having to contact them.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@alx886 when making a payment choose "other, enter the desired amount" do not choose "amount due"

payment type2-01.jpeg

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @alx886 

If it continues to malfunction, try contacting a moderator.

Or, you might obtain a Public Mobile payment voucher as a stop-gap measure at a local mobile shop that sells them.   

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@alx886 Please try using incognito/private browsing mode and then retry with your credit card. Alternatively, you can purchase Public Mobile voucher from any gas station or retails stores like Walmart, London Drugs, RCSS. 

Need Help? Let's chat.