cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: US roaming

I am not stupid of course I know when I buy it that it is for 10 days.  This too is a pain having to repurchase all the time.  

Mayor / Maire

@Lori287 wrote:

I am not stupid of course I know when I buy it that it is for 10 days.  This too is a pain having to repurchase all the time.  

@Lori287

Would you be able to post a screenshot of your overview page? Blank out personal info of course.

I agree with srlawren above...this is a ridiculously expensive way to have phone service for snowbirds. It would be far less expensive to get a local SIM and then subscribe to a service like Fongo and forward your calls to the Fongo # and then forward the Fongo to your US number.

So, when I call my number, all I get is a busy signal.  Then if I try to call out it says I don't have US roaming.. Try my number and see what happens.  I am paid up and I am active.

@Lori287, no one is suggesting you are stupid, we are simply trying to assist.

Please post a screenshot as requested of your overview page so we can better assist, and please edit your post to remove your phone number as it a violation of the Community forum rules to post personal info here.

Long visits to the US and using Public Mobile, is more expensive than getting a local sim, and activating a local plan.  You may wish to look into this.

Mayor / Maire

@Lori287 wrote:

So, when I call my number, and yes it is now public, xxxxxxxxxx all I get is a busy signal.  Then if I try to call out it says I don't have US roaming.. Try my number and see what happens.  I am paid up and I am active.

I'm in the states at a hotel with ridiculous phone charges and I did not buy roaming add-ons and nor will I. Pass. Maybe someone else in Canada can test your number for you?

I sure hope you have long since pm'd the moderators.

What exact model of phone do you have?

83238EFE-7ABD-4296-9E76-79EB81AE071A.png6DE7313A-7A12-46A0-B566-66B6F2B34628.png

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lori287

Hi Lori...looks like you purchased the wrong add on..you have listed the Canada/US long distance minutes(200 min for 8$)..not the roaming add on...

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lori287

If you purchase the add on at the bottom of the list in the pic you should be good to go..and the 200 min add on you already purchased will roll over and you have xtra minutes when in Canada.Also your email is visible in your screenshot..would be a good idea to get that deleted from the post..Screenshot_2019-01-06-08-57-23.png

Thank you for your help.  This seems to be good.  My only problem now is that my phone is not working in Canada.  I have an Alcatel Idol 4 which I did get the okay that it was good.  My phone worked fine in Canada but major problems since being in the States.

Mayor / Maire

@Carld123 wrote:

@Lori287

Hi Lori...looks like you purchased the wrong add on..you have listed the Canada/US long distance minutes(200 min for 8$)..not the roaming add on...

@Lori287

Yes. It looks like you've confused things a couple times. Now, maybe you should delete your images because they have personal info all over the place. Or edit them and re-upload.

As for busy signals and no voicemails...you're on the 50 minute plan and your minutes aren't showing up along with your texts. That would indicate that you've used your 50 minutes.