cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: US roaming

@Lori287 wrote:

Just calling I don't take the data.

@Lori287 so when you say it stops working after a few days, what are they symptoms?  What happens if you try to make an outbound call?  When someone calls you, does it go straight to your voicemail?  What have you tried in the way of troubleshooting?  For example, have you tried rebooting the phone?  Have you tried turning off automatic network selection and instead manually choosing AT&T or T-Mobile?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I try to dial out it says I do not have US roaming set up.  Yes I have tried all of your suggested solutions.  When friends try calling me they say nothing happens and they can't get through even to leave a voicemail.

Mayor / Maire

@Lori287 I'm not sure what else to suggest at this point unfortunately.  Smiley Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@Lori287 wrote:

When I try to dial out it says I do not have US roaming set up.  Yes I have tried all of your suggested solutions.  When friends try calling me they say nothing happens and they can't get through even to leave a voicemail.

Is your account here active? I'm in the states. I did not get any roaming add-ons. I have connected to AT&T and turned on roaming. I can receive texts and calls and calls can go to voicemail. No outgoing. I don't know if it was necessary to turn on roaming. I also don't know if I will get any surprise charges but I kinda doubt it as that is not a thing of this service.

The stated policy here is that you need a talk component to buy roaming add-ons but that has been shown to be not true in actuality.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

I also don't know if I will get any surprise charges but I kinda doubt it as that is not a thing of this service.

@z10user4 you won't because it's not possible for the system to charge you for something in the past. 

@z10user4 wrote:

I'm in the states. I did not get any roaming add-ons. I have connected to AT&T and turned on roaming. I can receive texts and calls and calls can go to voicemail. No outgoing.

Are you saying you can take incoming calls without a US Roaming Talk add-on??!!

No I can't take incoming calls without US roaming

Mayor / Maire

@Lori287 wrote:

No I can't take incoming calls without US roaming

I think that was more of a question for me.

But is your account showing as active? Callers should at least be able to leave a VM regardless of whether they can find you.

yes it is active

@Lori287, did you say you’re in the US for about 6 months?  You left Oct 28, and you’re returning in April?

You do realize the roaming plans are only 10 day long periods of time, then you need to buy them again?

Are you expecting them to last 30 days?

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

@Lori287, did you say you’re in the US for about 6 months?  You left Oct 28, and you’re returning in April?

You do realize the roaming plans are only 10 day long periods of time, then you need to buy them again?

Are you expecting them to last 30 days?

@stonechucker nice catch!  Wow I'm not sure how but I totally missed that reply from @Lori287 with the dates in it.  I think you've nailed the problem.

@Lori287 the add-ons are only for 10 days at a time.  They're meant for short vacations or business trips, not for snowbirds.  You would have to keep purchasing every 10 days if you want to keep using the US Roaming add-ons.