cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming include Puerto Rico/ Virgin Islands?

baijuxp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to search through the community answers but I am going to be in Puerto Rico in 2 months and just wanted to check if the US roaming included Puerto Rico. Any members aware of this? 

3 REPLIES 3

When there's a natural disaster, carriers have long had a tradition to offer free calling and/or text messaging to the affected regions. I'm slightly suprised that we haven't heard anything from Public Mobile on this. Then again, most carriers allow calls to practically anywhere, which isn't the case with Public Mobile, so I do not know if the "true prepaid" model would affect their ability to offer that since it might require an add-on to make that happen. I do know that the free add-on offered to customers last month would work to call Puerto Rico if the minutes haven't all been used yet.

cory_c
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: US Roaming include Puerto Rico/ Virgin Islands?
Hi. Yes, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands is included

Heads-UP! Puerto Rico (following earthquake)

For anyone travelling or attempting to communicate with colleagues, or loved ones, in Puerto Rico, wireless service is non-existent in certain areas at the moment. This is an additional set back for people who live in the interior of the island and after Hurricane Maria in 2017, are still waiting for landline service to be connected. Forced to communicate through wireless services was their only connection in time of need.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire
Hi. Yes, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands is included
Need Help? Let's chat.