cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: PUBLIC MOBILE REJECT CREDIT CARD!

edithkyr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I am trying very hard to pay my bill here but Public Mobile has declined me so many many times. I called my bank and they asked if I put in the address in the correct format. It was correct. She said that there is something wrong on Public Mobile. My bank and credit card has clarified that there is nothing wrong with my bank accounts. My credit card is accepted elsewhere. So please help resolve issue! 

26 REPLIES 26

@edithkyr wrote:

Ya ya... then i don't get the auto payment discounts. 

I will you give a tip for that. Buy a prepaid vanilla VIsa gift card. Leave just over $1 balance just so you can use it with PM to earn AutoPay rewards. Keep buying voucher every month to pay for the service. 

edithkyr

What are the discounts set up for when we can't use them at all!?!?

edithkyr

Ya ya... then i don't get the auto payment discounts. 

@edithkyr wrote:

2 months issue and still cannot be resolved. The moderator says there is nothing they can do about it. I m leaving Public Mobile. Most ridiculous thing ever. 

It's not that difficult to buy voucher to pay for the service. You can buy vouchers online or from local grocery stores like RCSS or Walmart or London drugs. 

edithkyr

2 months issue and still cannot be resolved. The moderator says there is nothing they can do about it. I m leaving Public Mobile. Most ridiculous thing ever. 

Hollaatyoboy

My issue has been resolved. Thanks for the help much appreciated my phone is now active. 👌

Hollaatyoboy

My issue has been resolve. Ty.

Hollaatyoboy

Ridiculous is right. I've been trying to add my new visa debit to my account and no luck at all. I messaged a mod 3 days ago with no response at all yet. Can't wait forever. I feel I have no option but to go with lucky mobile. Been a pm customer for almost 2 years what a shame. I don't mind paying the extra 3 bucks for the 5 gig unlimited plan with lucky. I'm pretty sure they will take my visa debit. 👍🏼

edithkyr

Issue is still not fixed! Why? This is so ridiculous. Public mobile says it is the card issuer. The card issuer says it is Public Mobile. So I'm stuck in this stupid limbo because everyone is incompetent. Nobody's fault then. It must be the customer's fault for getting a phone plan with Public Mobile and getting a credit card. Like seriously, can anyone see how ridiculous this is?! Or everyone is just being an ostrich pushing it away so it will SOMEHOW GO AWAY!? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@edithkyr wrote:

So far nothing has worked. This is the weirdest thing. Public Mobile Technician says it would be resolved but it has yet to be resolved. It has been 2 weeks since the issue. This is so ridiculous. 

My card issuer discovered that there was an extra space in the name. I had first space initial space space last. Check that there's nothing like that in your name and address. Space in front (leading) or space at end (trailing). Or invisible control characters even. You never know.

edithkyr

So far nothing has worked. This is the weirdest thing. Public Mobile Technician says it would be resolved but it has yet to be resolved. It has been 2 weeks since the issue. This is so ridiculous. 

@Asan1 wrote:

I have the exact same problem as OP,

-can not change my cc to auto pay

-PM the mod 4 days ago

Until you her back from moderator....try this...disable autopay / remove your current credit card, then log out. Log back in and edit your credit card info with new cc...re-enable autopay.

Good luck.

@Asan1 

It looks like moderator wait times are about 5 days, so hopefully, you will get response today.  

As you wait for moderator, you could try a different web browser, clearing cache or going into incongito/privacy mode.  Chrome incognito mode works well.  The website can be finicky.  If you really need service, as mentioned above, you could buy a payment voucher in store or online and pay the voucher either via 611 or self service account.  

Asan1

I have the exact same problem as OP,

-can not change my cc to auto pay

-PM the mod 4 days ago

Anonymous
Not applicable

@edithkyr 

The best action would be to go out and get a voucher from any convenience store that sells gift cards and that have those little pinpad terminals. You could pay extra for the convenience of any online option.

Then use the 611 service to enter it in.

Then figure out the cc.

The address has to match exactly to that of your cc billing address. Then don't use the unit # field. And the postal code needs to be either no space or drop the last digit.

But as mentioned earlier, after several attempts, you're probably locked out due to possible fraud.

@Lieux wrote:

@edithkyr  a écrit :

I already did all that and it still doesn't work. Can't pay bills. Can't make phone calls. Might as well revert back to using payphones - but where are they now? 

The moderator are working now for sure ..but there is a queue...Did you try with 611? Did you buy voucher in store or at recharge.com waiting for a reply from the moderator?

@edithkyr  Did you try @Lieux  suggestion? Just dial *611 from your phone and follow the prompts to add Auto-pay. It's worth a try.

@edithkyr  a écrit :

I already did all that and it still doesn't work. Can't pay bills. Can't make phone calls. Might as well revert back to using payphones - but where are they now? 

The moderator are working now for sure ..but there is a queue...Did you try with 611? Did you buy voucher in store or at recharge.com waiting for a reply from the moderator?

edithkyr

I did. But they said PM denied it. 

edithkyr

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@edithkyr wrote:

Hi there,

I am trying very hard to pay my bill here but Public Mobile has declined me so many many times. I called my bank and they asked if I put in the address in the correct format. It was correct. She said that there is something wrong on Public Mobile. My bank and credit card has clarified that there is nothing wrong with my bank accounts. My credit card is accepted elsewhere. So please help resolve issue! 

Did you ask your credit card agent to see if they could see any attempted authorizations/charges from PM within their system?

As a temporary workaround; you could purchase a voucher online from recharge.com.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@edithkyr as a temporary fix, purchase a voucher from PM.  It would allow your account to remain active while they figure out the problem.

@imm1304It's been taking them longer to respond because of major system bugs a lot of people have been trying to contact them. Current wait times may be as long as 5 days.Smiley Frustrated

edithkyr

I've contacted @CS_Agent 2 days ago and no help was offered since then. I'm already late on payment. I seriously hope I do not get suspended because of the inability to respond. A technician to call is always handy but of course with this telco, it is impossible.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@edithkyr wrote:

I've created a private message to the community team moderators regarding this issue 2 days ago but no replies. Can any public mobile technician please help!?

Since you have already contacted them via private message, there is not much else you can do.  It shouldn't take 2 days to hear back from them though. 

Any input, @CS_Agent ?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @edithkyr ,

The automated system may have locked out your card after a couple of failed attempts.

I think the best way to get this sorted right now is by contacting @CS_Agent via a private message and get them to help you through this.  

In the selfserve, I would disable autopay, remove the card and save changes, then add the same card again as new card and enable autopay again. May be worth a shot if you haven't already done this.  

edithkyr

I've created a private message to the community team moderators regarding this issue 2 days ago but no replies. Can any public mobile technician please help!?

Need Help? Let's chat.