cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - My auto-pay got disabled due to outdated credit card, now I can't pay to regain my services

krzheng3150
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Timeline of what happened:

1. My credit card got lost so my auto-pay was disabled.

2. I missed this month's auto-pay, so my service was suspended.

3. I tried paying with my debit card, the submit fails with an error message "Your account has already enough balance."

However, I checked my bank account and no payment went through, and my account status is "Plan Expired".

Another note: On the 'make a payment' page, the "Amount Due" section is BLANK. Is this a possible bug? Because of this I can't pay at all.

12 REPLIES 12

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Zippy wrote:

Can I reigister 2 credit cards at the same time because I canceled my main one because of the capital one hack and can not register my new card and had to go back to my old card which I do not want to use.

@Zippy  Sorry, my post disappeared because I tried to add some more information to the original and had one too many edits:)

I just wanted to say that I had no problems replacing the CC on my account with a different one, just now.   Select 'replace this credit card' under payments and manage my cards.  What happens when you try this?  If you are unable to do this then you need to send a message to Moderator_Team as there may be an issue with your account. 

Click this link to send your message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hearing back from the moderators could take 2-48 hours.  Good luck

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker wrote:

*Bugginess* is ongoing around here... Since before I joined Summer of 2016.  These quirks should all be fixed, but Public Mobile just doesn't have the power to get the available resources from the parent company Telus to fix these overly outstanding issues.

@Alan_K, can you please try to dedicate more financial resources to fixing these ongoing issues?  Maybe you need a programmer to write a query to get reports when AutoPay failures occur, activation failures due to AutoPay, failures due to payment card expires, etc.

Something is causing these issues.  frankly, it's about time you get things corrected.

Yea, these problems should not be happening at the scale they are. 

Zippy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I reigister 2 credit cards at the same time because I canceled my main one because of the capital one hack and can not register my new card and had to go back to my old card which I do not want to use.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GinYVR wrote:

@TrishdIt is 90 days of inactivity for Public Mobile.

90 days of suspension to be maybe a little more precise. 🙂

@TrishdIt is 90 days of inactivity for Public Mobile.

Trishd

@krzheng3150 wrote:

Thanks for the *611 tip, I paid using the line using my debit card and it was successful!

My plan was "4.5GB at 3G Speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Unlimited International Text" for $40.

Not sure if something special about the plan caused the payment page to be buggy... or if it's buggy for expired users in the first place.

Could you please mark your urgent problem as solved now?  Your post has me wondering how long is it that an account goes unpaid that it is terminated. 3 months is the norm for most carriers. 

Trishd

@krzheng3150 wrote:

Timeline of what happened:

1. My credit card got lost so my auto-pay was disabled.

2. I missed this month's auto-pay, so my service was suspended.

3. I tried paying with my debit card, the submit fails with an error message "Your account has already enough balance."

However, I checked my bank account and no payment went through, and my account status is "Plan Expired".

Another note: On the 'make a payment' page, the "Amount Due" section is BLANK. Is this a possible bug? Because of this I can't pay at all.

Hey I'm just new here but have not registered any credit card for auto pay...did you try with a voucher? When I tried to pay with a credit card it said I have not registered my credit card so...try with a voucher?

*Bugginess* is ongoing around here... Since before I joined Summer of 2016.  These quirks should all be fixed, but Public Mobile just doesn't have the power to get the available resources from the parent company Telus to fix these overly outstanding issues.

@Alan_K, can you please try to dedicate more financial resources to fixing these ongoing issues?  Maybe you need a programmer to write a query to get reports when AutoPay failures occur, activation failures due to AutoPay, failures due to payment card expires, etc.

Something is causing these issues.  frankly, it's about time you get things corrected.

krzheng3150

Thanks for the *611 tip, I paid using the line using my debit card and it was successful!

My plan was "4.5GB at 3G Speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Unlimited International Text" for $40.

Not sure if something special about the plan caused the payment page to be buggy... or if it's buggy for expired users in the first place.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MandyJ wrote:

Is it possible that the plan you were previously on no longer exists? And that's why it's showing the amount due as a blank? Which plan were you trying to reactivate?

As a side note, maybe the more experienced here can answer this for me: Can you even reactivate a lapsed plan? I still have so much to learn lol...

Hope you get it sorted though!

I think the terms they use here are suspended and then deactivated.

Suspended happens by lack of payment (or these ridiculous endless autopay problems) OR suspending yourself with the lost/stolen feature. From that point on the account is in limbo until paid up or until 90 days. Up until then the account is revivable.

After 90 days the account becomes deactivated. The SIM is dead, no longer usable. The number is gone back to the pool or the original provider of the number. Any remaining Available Funds are forfeited to the company.

Tech...nic...ally, it _could_ all be revived but no company that I know of, do.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is it possible that the plan you were previously on no longer exists? And that's why it's showing the amount due as a blank? Which plan were you trying to reactivate?

As a side note, maybe the more experienced here can answer this for me: Can you even reactivate a lapsed plan? I still have so much to learn lol...

Hope you get it sorted though!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Quickest way is just get a voucher with enough balance use *611 and pay.. then figure out the autopay portion once your phone is active again.

Need Help? Let's chat.