cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to update my credit card info

Shoebox
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I've been trying to update my credit card information but I've lost my password and security question responses. I can't pay for my plan and my service has ceased. If anyone can help me with this, I'd appreciate it. Also, I already tried the Public Mobile Chat Help Bot and it led me to a dead end, twice. 

14 REPLIES 14

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@PH3 wrote:

o i am not a new customer. i am on auto pay. but it says my account is deactivated

When was the last time you paid?

If there is no payment for 90 days, the account is desactivated (closed) and you lose the phone number.

When you dial 611 on the phone, what message do you get?

Can you still log in to your self serve account? If yes then your account is only suspended, you can make manual payment to reactivate it.

@PH3   did it say the Plan is suspended/

Try to pay manually on My Account.  Go to Payment, One time payment and pay by Amount Due.  If it fails, pay by "Other" and pay your plan amount and $1 more .  Let us know how it goes.

PH3

o i am not a new customer. i am on auto pay. but it says my account is deactivated

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@PH3 wrote:

can you please help me with my phone it wont work

Can you give us more details? What is the issue? Anything working? Are you a new customer? 

PH3

can you please help me with my phone it wont work

@clements 

Make sure you clear your browser cache and cookies and then open a new browser window in incognito. Chrome works well.

@clements   at least you got the correct email   🙂

Please open ticket with PM to get it unlocked

clements

forgot security question answer

@clements   PM system is one email to tie with one account.  Some people use the Alias trick.  Maybe you were using Alias too? or different email addresses?

did you the the Forgot Password and try with all the possible email addresses?

If you are unable to pass through Forgot password, you will have to open ticket with PM:

To open a ticket with Customer Support Agent, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

Start by typing  Forgot log in information
Click "Contact Us"
Click "Click here to submit a ticket"

you will then direct to another page to open ticket.
There, you will be prompted to enter COMMUNITY Login (NOT My Account/Self-Serve) to validate your identity,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to CS_Agents (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

clements

I have three accounts. Three separate phone numbers for my kids with public mobile. I need to update my credit card details and I cannot get into two of the account, only one.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Shoebox wrote:

Thank you for the help! Does anyone have a way to open a ticket with customer service without using the chatbot? Like I mentioned in my post, every time I've tried to use the chatbot, it gives me an error when I try to sign in, so that isn't working for me. I've now tried four times to open a ticket that way and it never allows me to sign in

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shoebox : Are you sure you're doing that first login with your community credentials? Not the self-serve credentials?

Shoebox

Thank you for the help! Does anyone have a way to open a ticket with customer service without using the chatbot? Like I mentioned in my post, every time I've tried to use the chatbot, it gives me an error when I try to sign in, so that isn't working for me. I've now tried four times to open a ticket that way and it never allows me to sign in

@Shoebox wrote:

Hello. I've been trying to update my credit card information but I've lost my password and security question responses. I can't pay for my plan and my service has ceased. If anyone can help me with this, I'd appreciate it. Also, I already tried the Public Mobile Chat Help Bot and it led me to a dead end, twice. 

When it comes to getting help for your password reset, go back into the chatbot and type in "forgot security question answer". You'll then be given an option to open a ticket.

As for getting yoru service working, the fastest way to do that may be to purchase a voucher (either from a retail store or online) and then add it to your account by dialing *611 using your cell phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.