cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to sign up - payments will not go through + many other website issues

Frank1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been trying to register a new number all day today and part of the afternoon yesterday. None of my credit cards will go through. I'd really rather not go buy a non-refundable voucher only to find out that it won't work either.

Also, when a credit card doesn't go through, you have to completely start over the process. Also, you can't copy/paste your password in Chrome for some reason, but you can copy/paste other fields. 

I also keep getting 404 errors thrown at me constantly and there is no guide anywhere on what characters are/aren't allowed in passwords and the length. I need the longest length password possible with special characters but so far I can't find a decent password that will work. This needs serious improvment which, after looking through this community, has been suggested many times over years. Can that get corrected asap please? Also, a 4 digit PIN? Can we make that 8? 12? 24?

I need this set up by Monday. I was really hoping to have it done Friday, but with so many connectivity/404 error issues it wasn't possible. Please help @CS_Agent.

Edit: it's a Canadian credit card, tried 2 different cards that have available balances on them. The address matches my card exactly.

13 REPLIES 13

vandend
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unable to register my new card for autopay.  I don't have that line "manage my card" under payment it only says "register a card" and that has not worked many many times.  

zacharywolfe

You can remove/replace your card from autopay by doing the following steps

• Login into your "my account"
  • Click on "Payment"
  • Near the bottom of the page in small text you will see "Manage my card" *click on it
  • Click on "Replace this credit card"
  • Follow the steps shown on the page

Frank1

Ha. Tried adding autopay and all of a sudden it magically works. I didn't want autopay on this card so now I'll just have to figure out how to get rid of it/change it for the future. Anyway, hopefully this helps someone in the future. Adding autopay fixed it for me, although it could be completely unrelated. I did try 5+ times without autopay though, so that's just my thought.

Frank1

I just tried skipping the last character and it didn't help. I don't have an appartment number. I'm back to the usual error where I can attempt to sign up but then I get this error message:

Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile for help.

No payments went through on any of my cards and they're all working normally. 

Edit: It looks like a charge went through, but it was for $0.00. Any idea what could be causing that?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zacharywolfe wrote:

It should have gone through as long as the postal code you entered with PM matches your credit card postal code, the address is meaningless really when it comes to credit card billing systems. 

@zacharywolfe   there are many many threads on the forum about the credit card isues and many dicuss how to enter the address

here are a couple:

zacharywolfe

It should have gone through as long as the postal code you entered with PM matches your credit card postal code, the address is meaningless really when it comes to credit card billing systems. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Frank1 the credit card can be tricky. Is your self serve address  the same as on your credit billing?

Also leaving last digit of postal code out sometimes helps. Even omiting apartment unit number helps.

On a side note please check with your credit cards that no payment was actually made.  It is known to happen.

Frank1

New error:

Invalid SIM
The Self Serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address.

I'll try and send the moderators a DM.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Frank1 wrote:

I thought tagging them here was supposed to notify them. That's what I had read.

Now I'm getting an error of "The SIM number you’ve entered is currently reserved by another session. Please close all open browsers and try again after 50 mins." after hitting 

previous

numerous times, so I'm assuming I'm going to have to wait, but I'll try an incognito tab and see if a fresh cache helps with these issues.

Are you getting the error "The SIM number you've entered is currently reserved..." with incognito mode?

Tagging the Moderators will bring their attention to the topic but for them to assist you, you will still need to send them a private message as they will need some of your account details. And by sending them a message first, that will put you in queue to be assisted faster 🙂

Frank1

Which issue is that supposed to solve...? I won't be disabling my firewalls/antivirus for this. 

domokunt4u
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i suggest maybe changing your browser or enabling cookies or temporarily disabling your firewall/antivirus. hope that helps

Frank1

I thought tagging them here was supposed to notify them. That's what I had read.

Now I'm getting an error of "The SIM number you’ve entered is currently reserved by another session. Please close all open browsers and try again after 50 mins." after hitting 

previous

numerous times, so I'm assuming I'm going to have to wait, but I'll try an incognito tab and see if a fresh cache helps with these issues.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Frank1 wrote:

I've been trying to register a new number all day today and part of the afternoon yesterday. None of my credit cards will go through. I'd really rather not go buy a non-refundable voucher only to find out that it won't work either.

Also, when a credit card doesn't go through, you have to completely start over the process. Also, you can't copy/paste your password in Chrome for some reason, but you can copy/paste other fields. 

I also keep getting 404 errors thrown at me constantly and there is no guide anywhere on what characters are/aren't allowed in passwords and the length. I need the longest length password possible with special characters but so far I can't find a decent password that will work. This needs serious improvment which, after looking through this community, has been suggested many times over years. Can that get corrected asap please? Also, a 4 digit PIN? Can we make that 8? 12? 24?

I need this set up by Monday. I was really hoping to have it done Friday, but with so many connectivity/404 error issues it wasn't possible. Please help @CS_Agent.

Hi @Frank1,

Sorry hear about your truobles. Have you tried activating using Chome's incognito mode? If you have and still didn't get through, I'd suggest you sending a message to the Moderators.

Click on the following link to send a message to the Moderators for assistance, be sure to include a detailed explanation of your issue:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.