cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling

ajavaid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I am planning to travel to my home country for 6 months. I cant use my public mobile number there for a couple of reasons and I also don't want to lose my public number.
Now I have few questions my first question is how I can cancel my account I have seen that even if I don't have my payment method in autopay public mobile still deducts my money because my card is there. So how I can remove my card from there that my card number will not visible.

The second thing as I said I don't want to lose my number so is this possible that I will not pay my bill for 6 months and when I come back I can continue with the same number.? If yes to continue with same number do I first need to pay bill of 6 months?

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ajavaid wrote:

Q1) I have dollar 10 plan
Q2) no Pm doesnot offer my plan anymore
3)I have just $1 reward.

4) I dont have any funds

So again my question is let suppose after 2 months I opened my account to pay my bill so will it show my bill as 20 dollar or 10 dollars as I didnot use it 

There's no accrual or catch-up or bill. It's all pre-pay. So you would pre-pay for your existing plan (or do other things).

@ajavaid wrote:

3)I have just $1 reward.

4) I dont have any funds

So again my question is let suppose after 2 months I opened my account to pay my bill so will it show my bill as 20 dollar or 10 dollars as I didnot use it 

You will be charged $10 as that is your plan cost.

Edit:  As that plan is no longer offered and you are grandfathered in, you should make sure to pay before the 90 days if suspending while you are travelling, usually it's recommended to pay  by 85th day to deal with any issues that may delay the payment.

ajavaid

3)I have just $1 reward.

4) I dont have any funds

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpcdesign wrote:

If you are nursing a $10 plan for every 4 months, I would have some available funds of $40 bucks, just in case. That's only $40 bucks, and you don't need to worry about anything if it's set to autopay every four months.

Although isn't 90 days, 3 months?

Having Available Funds would cause it to renew. I'm just re-activating it every 4 months. And how can one "set to autopay every 4 months"?

Day 0 - re-activate

Day 30 - plan expires - 90 day clock starts

Day <120 - re-activate

All counting from the day of re-activation.

So that's $10 every 4 months (roughly) and I get a third line to use a little service for if I wish.

If you are nursing a $10 plan for every 4 months, I would have some available funds of $40 bucks, just in case. That's only $40 bucks, and you don't need to worry about anything if it's set to autopay every four months.

Although isn't 90 days, 3 months?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ajavaid 

How much reward do you have every 30 days other than the $2 autopay reward?

- loyalty, refer-a-friend and community rewards

If you collect a large sum of rewards to pay down most of your plan fee, I will leave the account active.  If you suspended your plan for 6 months, your loyalty reward will be delayed for 6 months which is $6 in value.

Please provide the following info for us to suggest a best solution.

1.  Which plan do you have?

2.  Is PM no longer offer your plan? 

If yes, you will not get back your old grandfather plan after 6 months if you change to the cheapest $15 plan.

3.  How much reward are you geting on your renewal?

If you have large amount of rewards, don't port your number to another provider.  Your rewards will lower your plan payment every 30 days.

4.  How much available fund is in your account?

Even you remove your autopay cc from your account.  PM will continue to use your available fund to renew your plan every 30 days.

We need your answer on these 4 questions

@ajavaid wrote:

So you mean I pay for the thing which. Even didnot use for 3 months but then just to keep my number after around 85 days I pay the amount which is due for 85 days which means if my plan is of 30 dollar plan then I will. 90 dollars righ? 

You could change your plan to the $15 plan and pay that amount every 85 days after suspension.  I guess you would have to keep in mind that if you are on a plan that was grandfathered in and you change your plan now, your old plan will no longer be available to you once you decide to resume full service.  Also I don't know if you signed up during one of the promotions which could also affect any rewards or bonus you may be getting with a plan change.  A few things to consider.

@ajavaid wrote:

So you mean I pay for the thing which. Even didnot use for 3 months but then just to keep my number after around 85 days I pay the amount which is due for 85 days which means if my plan is of 30 dollar plan then I will. 90 dollars righ? 

@ajavaid  No, you only pay $30 once until you get back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ajavaid wrote:

I'm nursing a $10 plan. I keep it alive by paying for it every 4 months.

Pay for a plan.

It expires.

Before 90 days later - pay again.

Repeat every 4 months (yeah yeah something less than 120 days for the regulars)

ajavaid

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ajavaid wrote:

Hi I am planning to travel to my home country for 6 months. I cant use my public mobile number there for a couple of reasons and I also don't want to lose my public number.

@ajavaid  Ok.

Now I have few questions my first question is how I can cancel my account I have seen that even if I don't have my payment method in autopay public mobile still deducts my money because my card is there.

Incorrect, if you disable AutoPay, Public Mobile will not deduct funds from your credit card.

So how I can remove my card from there that my card number will not visible.

You should not remove your card.

The second thing as I said I don't want to lose my number so is this possible that I will not pay my bill for 6 months and when I come back I can continue with the same number.? If yes to continue with same number do I first need to pay bill of 6 months?

What you need to do is disable AutoPay just before your leave. Let you account suspend and at ~ 85 days access your selfserve account and make a payment to renew your plan and disable AutoPay again. After the 30 days elapse then you have another 90 days to reactivate your plan. By that time you will be back and everything should be back to normal.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ajavaid If your account is inactive for 90 days, it closes amd you will lose the number.  To remove the credit card, use the manage credit card option at the bottom of the page.  You could pay $25 and port your number over to Fongo. This will close your PM account. Then when you return, get a new SIM  and return your number back from Fongo.

@ajavaid wrote:

Now I have few questions my first question is how I can cancel my account I have seen that even if I don't have my payment method in autopay public mobile still deducts my money because my card is there. So how I can remove my card from there that my card number will not visible.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Don't pay at renewal your account will go into suspended status. very important. After 90 days the account is closed and deleted. BE SURE TO REMEMBER after around 80 days to make a payment so your account becomes active again. Then next payment let it go to suspended again and repeat another 80days if you still will be out of country.

So you will end up paying two months instead of 6 to keep your number.

To remove your card. Log into your account. Click Payment.

It's then on bottom left.

Screenshot_20200124_073012.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.