cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my number to another company

mitch140186
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just start a transfert to another cell phone company but my auto pay passed the same day.

What happen with the money paid for 1 month service that is actually transferring to another company?

8 REPLIES 8

@mitch140186, your selected solution is not the solution.  Please withdraw the solution via the 3 dot menu in the upper right corner of the marked post.

The solution was posted above by someone else.

mitch140186

Hopefully, the transfer fail so I will use my service for another month or more. I have read the term and condition and will spread the information to other if someone want to do the same thing.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mitch140186 it is a 30 day term not a monthly term.

You probably  received a sms 7-10 days ago stating when payment occurs.  I believe its around 3 am the day before or on plan expiry date.

edit here is a good explanation on the renewal process :https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

mitch140186

But technically speaking my payment was due by 11:59 PM 02/06/2019 in my account.  

Actually my old month service is not yet finish and the new one is not started bu the payment pass before the end.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@mitch140186 wrote:

I just start a transfert to another cell phone company but my auto pay passed the same day.

What happen with the money paid for 1 month service that is actually transferring to another company?

Hi, as mentioned this is prepaid service and do not offer refunds. I do not recommend waiting until renewal day to change providers, always do it a couple days in advance as you current account needs to be active and in good standing in order for you to port your number out. Even if you had disabled autopay, waiting until the renewal day may have caused issues because once PM looks for your renewal funds and don't find enough they may suspend your service which means it is not active and you would not have been able to port your number.

Contacting the MODs and requesting a refund may work but I am not aware of that ever being successful.

Also if you got a deal from another service provider it often includes a bonus which is intended to cover lost funds on transferring.

Good Luck.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@mitch140186, the good news is you’ve made sure your port will complete as the plan needs to be active to allow the port.  Contacting the modes may get you a chance to have some funds recouped, but the Terms of Service are clear on this matter.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mitch140186 wrote:

@mitch140186

Bad timing...no refunds for prepaid service..

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@mitch140186 sorry for you because it's prepaid service...you can try to write a message to the moderator....but ...good luck...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You have to cancel your auto-pay before you cancel your service...

Need Help? Let's chat.