cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering funds

bb6640
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Question:  Can funds from an account be transferred to another Public Mobile user?  If yes, how is that done?

8 REPLIES 8

shahestates

@bb6640 wrote:

Question:  Can funds from an account be transferred to another Public Mobile user?  If yes, how is that done?

See the details here how CSR gave him one time courtesy offer to transfer it to other account:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Refund-for-Credit-in-Account/...

Not us.   

I think official words is a NO.  But I think I might have saw post that CS Agent might help, but it is strictly case by case .   Never hurt to try

shahestates

@bb6640 wrote:

Some other company allows to transfer prepaid credit to other users. For example in Freedom prepaid it is very easy to transfer by dialing *123#

You might be lucky if Customer Service offered you this solution:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Refund-for-Credit-in-Account/...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@bb6640 wrote:

@bb6640    PM being prepaid normally means no refunds, however, in this instance I would message moderators either via the envelope icon top right or the chatbot bubble and see if they will do a funds transfer from one account to the other as long as what's being transferred is money that you deposited via vouchers or CC and is not rewards issued by PM

Perhaps a moderator will transfer the funds as a gesture of goodwill or stick with their policy, I don't know, however, you have nothing to lose by at least asking (very nicely 😊)  if they could possibly, this one time, facilitate this.    Of course, there's no guarantees, but good luck anyway!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@bb6640 wrote:

In the past (approx. 3 years ago), customers were able to transfer funds in between accounts.  I believe that Public mobile has stopped allowing this option. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@bb6640  no, each account is separate and fund cannot be transferred

The only time I see as an exception as that retails accidentally activated 2 accounts instead of 1, then mod will transfer for that reason.  Other than that I don't think they will.  It is a prepaid service and so no refund as well

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bb6640 wrote:

Hello @bb6640 ,

Do you have more than one PM account and added to much funds to one rather than the other?

If so, any Available Funds will be use first on your next renewal, before anything else is charged.

Or, were you thinking of porting out or closing your account, and you have a balance in your account that you do not want to lose?

Unfortunately, if this is the case, when you port your number or go into suspended status for over 90 days:

1. your ACCOUNT is gone,
  2. PHONE number is gone,
  3. SIM card cannot be used again for another account,
  4. and any AVAILABLE FUNDS and/or rewards are lost.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

That is not possible.  Each account is separate from each other.

Need Help? Let's chat.