cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer credits?

Lana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 2 accounts with public.  One I have decided to go with Telus.  I just renewed this account a week ago.  I am wondering if any unused balance can be transfered to my other account which is also in my name.

11 REPLIES 11

Lana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I absolutely love public BUT was in need of a new phone.  My work has an EPP plan that was to hard to resist

And if they DO make a comeback… the 8 inch version please!

AE_Collector

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AE_Collector 

All is good!  I realized that half-way through reading your post... just had to confirm.  We really should bring back floppy drives.  It might solve the problem these days of people hoarding everything and eating up too-much-data!  😂

Oh @#$%&#  Don't take anything I say with regards to MB and GB verbatim. At least I know it isn’t KB though, thats the generation I am from… the KB Generation! My first 8086 desk top computer didnt have a hard drive, only dual 5.25” floppy’s. I managed to score a full height 5 MB (yes MB, I got it right this time) hard drive from work to install when they upgraded a bunch of PCs to 10 MB half height drives!

KB MB GB corrections done…

AE GB_Collector

BlueB

@AE_Collector 

Great tips and comparison with Telus... however, my mind struggled with the fact that you keep mentioning MB of data.  Paying $65 for only 15MB of data is horrible, but am assuming you mean 15GB of data?

My sister in law just retired and moved her number from a corporate account with Telus to a private Telus account. She has 15 MB GB for $65 with a phone subsidy. So anyone needing MORE than 5 MB GB of data should consider Telus and if you need MORE than 10 MB GB you should Definitely consider Telus rather than PM. Not saying that Telus is the way to go but don't assume that PM is the best deal anymore. In my case I don’t need that kind of data and I have a lot of rewards with PM so I’m not going anywhere.

I do appreciate the availability of the 10 MB GB / $50 plan and the 15 MB GB / $70 plan at PM so it is available for me to switch to if I need a bunch of data for just a month or two or three. That is much easier than losing all my rewards by changing providers to get more data.

AE_Collector

BlueB

@Lana 

The oracles have spoken!  🙂  The bits of information and suggestions from @will13am and @Dunkman pretty much sum it up!  I'm curious what is convincing you to upgrade to Telus from Public Mobile?

Let us know how it all goes!

If you have no luck with transferring funds over (I doubt it but you never know) the remaining option to you is to hold off on your transfer to Telus for maybe three weeks or so to use up the majority of your 30 day term that is already paid up. PM is Prepaid as opposed to Post Paid and therefore is a whole different way of operating to provide lower cost service. 

Don’t leave it to the very last day though, too many things could go wrong and cause further problems porting your number over or leaving you without service. Try to do the port maybe three days before your PM account is to expire.

AE_Collector

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Lana 

Unfortunately, according to PM policy, unable to transfer funds between accounts. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lana , generally individual accounts are standalone.  You can't move funds between them.  Given the circumstances and the fact that you are staying within the Telus family, you could ask the customer support team to consider a transfer on an exception basis.  No assurance that it will be done.  Click on the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the webpage and initiate a support ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.