cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Credit from Fido to Public mobile Account

arpitatiny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I joined public mobile recently from fido post paid. I have $10.71 credit refund from fido but I want to know how do I transfer that money to my new public mobile account.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@arpitatiny

it's two different company, if you have been paying via credit card with Fido, they will refund it to your credit card and you have to chase them, usually they say it's 30 days after you cancel for the system to catch up.  

I had a similar incident, i called before I closed my account, I waited until my 30 days, called back and they said it was not done, and they keep sending me paper bill for the credit. Took me 2 months to get my money back. I requested a cheque since my account was closed and they couldn't credit me back.

Good Luck! 

@feuille1 

It's not really a matter of "if" Fido will send a refund cheque. That are required to do so for a postpaid account. This process can take a quite a long time though.

feuille1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Fido might send you just a cheque

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@arpitatiny 

I cant see that being possible its in a different account.  You would have to ask fido if your credit card can be credited with these funds.  Are there any accessories that you can purchase with these credits to use them up?  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@arpitatiny  can't be done directly, 2 different companies. Fido is Rogers and PM is Telus. Take the refund cheque and deposit it into your bank account.

@arpitatiny wrote:

Hi,

I joined public mobile recently from fido post paid. I have $10.71 credit refund from fido but I want to know how do I transfer that money to my new public mobile account.

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.