cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total MANURE explanation by PM of autopay renewal failure.

JayJitsBJJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I get a text letting me know my payment occurred and my discounts were deducted. (12noon)

11 mins later (12:11pm) I get an text msg saying they tried "Tried to process your Auto-pay renewal but something went wrong."

I go into my account and to try to pay as they suggested by text, but they couldn't process my credit card. I tried renewing by calling *611 as they suggested by text and it wouldn't renew. I double checked my address, double checked my credit card info and everything was correct. I've been with PM for years and never a problem with Auto-pay.

I'll call TD Bank and ask if there's something wrong with my credit card and nothing was wrong with it. I double check my address with them and make sure it's the same as what's on my PM account. I did this as I renewed my mortgage the other day and thought maybe the person entered something wrong or something, anything. Nope everything was correct.

My credit card balance is zero. I usually use it and then pay off the amount.

After a couple Private Messages with a Mod who is looking into it and after I questioned why the problem occurred they gave me this explanation:

"What happens is that when you reach certain amount of transaction with the same card the system will require for us to validate that the card is authorize to be use on the account. Because the payment went through without any issues on the last transaction, the block was placed right after that and caused this payment to fail.

It's not going to happen on every transaction, as soon as the block is  removed you will be able to continue with Auto-Pay without further issues"

What the F&+K is that? I asked a couple of times and I kept getting this answer.

So now I'm without service for 24 to 48hrs.

Total manure on their part.

71 REPLIES 71

@JayJitsBJJ well, all I can say is you know what to do 😉. it wasnt your fault you didn't lose service... do it big brotha! 🎁

clearly you've learned your lesson with auto-pay. don't trust it and claim your $2 reward for paying ahead of time.

@JayJitsBJJ wrote:

The latest:

"Hi!

It Happens only if the limit is reached or if the credit card information needs to be verified. It is important to us to make sure the credit card is authorized to be use on the account. 

We don't block the credit card itself but the ability to use it in the account so this will not affect any other transaction that you make with other companies.

I truly apologize for any inconveniences this is causing, I will keep you updated on this and as soon as I get a reply from the payment department I will let you know so you can try to process the payment.

If you have any questions let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best regards,"

@JayJitsBJJ hi if you want to get up and running now instead of waiting try https://www.ding.com/

@JayJitsBJJ 

Are you still without service? You could do an online payment with recharge.com or purchase  vouchers at your local SDM, Shell or Mobil station (instant top up) or London drugs if you're out west.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JayJitsBJJ 

That's some pretty smelly explanation going on.

Another option (as much as some people don't like customers having options) is to use the instant top-up method. There might be a convenience fee but it is indeed instant.

But the other methods described above from gblackma of using vouchers works too. You can get vouchers online or from many stores. The instant top-up seems a little hit and miss from my recent experience. I finally found a Mobil gas station that knew what it was.

All of this is simply to get you going when you have no service. Then you can figure out why it doesn't work with the luxury of time.

JayJitsBJJ

The latest:

"Hi!

It Happens only if the limit is reached or if the credit card information needs to be verified. It is important to us to make sure the credit card is authorized to be use on the account. 

We don't block the credit card itself but the ability to use it in the account so this will not affect any other transaction that you make with other companies.

I truly apologize for any inconveniences this is causing, I will keep you updated on this and as soon as I get a reply from the payment department I will let you know so you can try to process the payment.

If you have any questions let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best regards,"

JayJitsBJJ

I'm confused by what they meant by so many uses. Their explanation doesn't make sense. I'm curious if it somehow glitched because of my previous account with them.

Their explanation is manure

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JayJitsBJJ , that is an interesting explanation to say the least.  Are they saying that any credit card will only have a certain number of uses in an account and it will get locked after that?  That does not seem to make sense at all.  Is this credit card being used in other Public Mobile accounts or just one account?  Back in the day when I joined, the same credit card would fail activation if if has already been assigned into two previously activated accounts.  There have been issues with the bank's anti fraud system kicking in if multiple Public Mobile account renewals take place on the same night.  I have the same credit in 5 different accounts.  I have made sure that each account has a different renewal date.  

JayJitsBJJ

I'm not going to try anything at the moment. I'm going to let them try to correct it. Kinda worried it could make the situation more complex if your suggestions don't work for some reason.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JayJitsBJJ wrote:

I get a text letting me know my payment occurred and my discounts were deducted. (12noon)

11 mins later (12:11pm) I get an text msg saying they tried "Tried to process your Auto-pay renewal but something went wrong."

I go into my account and to try to pay as they suggested by text, but they couldn't process my credit card. I tried renewing by calling *611 as they suggested by text and it wouldn't renew. I double checked my address, double checked my credit card info and everything was correct. I've been with PM for years and never a problem with Auto-pay.

I'll call TD Bank and ask if there's something wrong with my credit card and nothing was wrong with it. I double check my address with them and make sure it's the same as what's on my PM account. I did this as I renewed my mortgage the other day and thought maybe the person entered something wrong or something, anything. Nope everything was correct.

After a couple Private Messages with a Mod who is looking into it and after I questioned why the problem occurred they gave me this explanation:

"What happens is that when you reach certain amount of transaction with the same card the system will require for us to validate that the card is authorize to be use on the account. Because the payment went through without any issues on the last transaction, the block was placed right after that and caused this payment to fail.

It's not going to happen on every transaction, as soon as the block is  removed you will be able to continue with Auto-Pay without further issues"

What the F&+K is that? I asked a couple of times and I kept getting this answer.

@JayJitsBJJ  Hi I feel your pain been there myself they can't seem to get this one right 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@JayJitsBJJ Try again to reactivate your account. You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

JayJitsBJJ

Need Help? Let's chat.