cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total MANURE explanation by PM of autopay renewal failure.

JayJitsBJJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I get a text letting me know my payment occurred and my discounts were deducted. (12noon)

11 mins later (12:11pm) I get an text msg saying they tried "Tried to process your Auto-pay renewal but something went wrong."

I go into my account and to try to pay as they suggested by text, but they couldn't process my credit card. I tried renewing by calling *611 as they suggested by text and it wouldn't renew. I double checked my address, double checked my credit card info and everything was correct. I've been with PM for years and never a problem with Auto-pay.

I'll call TD Bank and ask if there's something wrong with my credit card and nothing was wrong with it. I double check my address with them and make sure it's the same as what's on my PM account. I did this as I renewed my mortgage the other day and thought maybe the person entered something wrong or something, anything. Nope everything was correct.

My credit card balance is zero. I usually use it and then pay off the amount.

After a couple Private Messages with a Mod who is looking into it and after I questioned why the problem occurred they gave me this explanation:

"What happens is that when you reach certain amount of transaction with the same card the system will require for us to validate that the card is authorize to be use on the account. Because the payment went through without any issues on the last transaction, the block was placed right after that and caused this payment to fail.

It's not going to happen on every transaction, as soon as the block is  removed you will be able to continue with Auto-Pay without further issues"

What the F&+K is that? I asked a couple of times and I kept getting this answer.

So now I'm without service for 24 to 48hrs.

Total manure on their part.

71 REPLIES 71

gwhitema
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@zatrinna Thats awesome ! 10 Years ! 

Most people moved after they got bought by telus and shutdown all the retail stores. 

I'm curious, What plan are you on ? 

@zatrinna 

Congrats on 10 years with public mobile. I do agree that autopay shouldn't fail. The fact that this is your first issue with it says something....and its not a fail but the systems suspicious activity filter acting up and sounds like a new glitch as this unique ptoblem has been mentioned a few times in the last fortnight. A new problem for the tech team to fix and a heads up for other users who rely on autopay to maybe be proactive this month and pay manually ahead of time.

I personally don't rely on autopay here or anywhere with the exception of my banks credit card has an automatic minimum payment set up just in case i have a balance and I forget to pay. Automatic payments make most people complacent and as a result get overcharged or like here will miss out on rewards not being applied because they dont check their account or bill ( for everything else.) Reminds me of how my dad  finally got his golf club membership after 10 years on the waiting list. He could have had it 3 years sooner as a space opened up after another member passed. The widow had continued to pay for her late husband's membership for 3 years after his passing because she never looked at her statements.....to the tune of an extra $30K! 

I no longer have to worry about paying manually but i keep a good eye on my account. Mi Imus twice a month I review my account. (Before and after renewal.) I just keep autopay for the $2 reward.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

It's the most important thing that Public Mobile should be focussing on. Fixing the darn auto-pay system!!!!

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@zatrinna   I don't know why that happens but you're right that it shouldn't be happening.  I guess so far I've been lucky and haven't had any autopay issues, but can imagine the frustration if it did. 

Like I said it's long past time for PM to sort their payment system out.  No customer should be worrying about autopay once it's been activated and having to prepay ahead of time to avoid this kind of situation kinda makes the whole point of having autopay seem redundant.

When this sort of thing happens, it makes it so the ONLY point of autopay is to save the $2 on your monthly(30 days) bill. 🙄

Lol...yep had forgotten about the most important part of autopay being the discount! 😁   Still that's no excuse for the failures!

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dabr wrote:

@zatrinna   I don't know why that happens but you're right that it shouldn't be happening.  I guess so far I've been lucky and haven't had any autopay issues, but can imagine the frustration if it did. 

Like I said it's long past time for PM to sort their payment system out.  No customer should be worrying about autopay once it's been activated and having to prepay ahead of time to avoid this kind of situation kinda makes the whole point of having autopay seem redundant.

When this sort of thing happens, it makes it so the ONLY point of autopay is to save the $2 on your monthly(30 days) bill. 🙄

zatrinna

I'm very happy with my plan 🙂 I do really miss the nice young man that worked the store when I would go every month to pay my bill. I prefer in person contact, but have gotten used to the new system.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zatrinna  Woah. 10 years. You must get a good plan deal. Congratulations 👏 probably one of the few if not only one still around!

@zatrinna wrote:

Ive been with PM since 2010. I will stick with them even with the little hiccups. I would like to figure out a way to avoid this particular one, but as yet I've not figured it out.

@zatrinna   So you're one of PM's "Pioneer Customer", nice!   Yeah on the whole PM has great prices/plans, rewards and the freebies given from time to time does make it worthwhile to stay here.  That's probably the reason most of us put up with some of their shortcomings too, but some stuff needs priority fix that's all.  😊

zatrinna

Ive been with PM since 2010. I will stick with them even with the little hiccups. I would like to figure out a way to avoid this particular one, but as yet I've not figured it out.

@zatrinna wrote:

I have 3 cards I've activated at one point or another linked with the account. I've never had any of them lacking funds. The problem is when they decide to randomly block one payment source it seems to carry across the whole system. I'm unable to make a payment with any card when it happens. The system won't allow me to activate any new source either. I am forced to go purchase a voucher using the card/cards the system is supposed to be using. I let it slide the last couple months and just purchased vouchers instead of spending hours waiting on their responses. I'm trying to be pro active this month and in contact with mods. Once they take off whatever block they have it should go back to business as usual at least until their system bounces me again 🙂

zatrinna

The current card that is blocked has been in the system as my pre pay for about a year and a half. It's never been maxed and has never been blocked on my banks end. Mods have responded and are working on the issue. Their reply confirms that the system decided to block it. "I investigated a little bit more, and found out that the card has been locked from our system, this usually happens when the system validates the information listed on the financial institution and the one registered on file, and it finds something that doesn't match (i.e. address). It also happens when there are several transaction attempts. The main objective of this, is to protect your card information and to make sure that you're the one requesting those transactions." I'm unsure why there would be no issues for months and all of a sudden flagged. Nothing has changed on my side. The card hasn't expired or lacked funds. I've not moved or changed any information with the bank, the card, or PM. It just seems that the system doesn't like me much haha

zatrinna

I have 3 cards I've activated at one point or another linked with the account. I've never had any of them lacking funds. The problem is when they decide to randomly block one payment source it seems to carry across the whole system. I'm unable to make a payment with any card when it happens. The system won't allow me to activate any new source either. I am forced to go purchase a voucher using the card/cards the system is supposed to be using. I let it slide the last couple months and just purchased vouchers instead of spending hours waiting on their responses. I'm trying to be pro active this month and in contact with mods. Once they take off whatever block they have it should go back to business as usual at least until their system bounces me again 🙂

@zatrinna Honestly, if I was going to take the time to go in ahead of time I would probably just pay whatever amount was going to be due as opposed to just adding a buck or two.

@zatrinna wrote:

I'm going through the same issue. I had this happen a couple times in the last year or so. For the last two months I've had to purchase vouchers as my auto pay didn't work. I've submitted a ticket and am waiting for their response, but assume it will be having them unblock my card again. I'm wondering if I should change my payment source every few months and see if that helps. I've been with PM for years and have no interest in leaving, but I do wish they would fix their pre pay and billing. It sucks to wake up to no service and have to spend extra on vouchers with the card they should be using to pre pay. I'm hoping to have my card unblocked again before my renewal on the 6th.

@zatrinna   If you have another CC that isn't used as regularly for most of your purchases, it might be a good idea to add that one to your account.   Although really there should be no problem ever with the autopay as long as your CC is not maxed out/expired.    PM does need to make a permanent fix to their autopay system failures.

zatrinna

I might try that too just pop a buck or two into my account before renew dates 🙂

@zatrinna I know it isn't the best solution but once your card is fixed again, you can always go in when you get the warning text that a payment is coming due and make a manual payment with the card in autopay. You will still get the $2 deduction.

zatrinna

I'm going through the same issue. I had this happen a couple times in the last year or so. For the last two months I've had to purchase vouchers as my auto pay didn't work. I've submitted a ticket and am waiting for their response, but assume it will be having them unblock my card again. I'm wondering if I should change my payment source every few months and see if that helps. I've been with PM for years and have no interest in leaving, but I do wish they would fix their pre pay and billing. It sucks to wake up to no service and have to spend extra on vouchers with the card they should be using to pre pay. I'm hoping to have my card unblocked again before my renewal on the 6th.

gwhitema

@gpixel Hmm. I'll try using my SIM inside another phone. Also ill try to see if I can force VoLTE. There seems to be no option to force it on my Galaxy s10.

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

As per usual you have blinded us with your brilliance!

That's why, when you read my posts, you should be wearing some shades. 😎  🤣

@gwhitema 

If your reception is poor flip your phone in and out of airplane mode.

@CFPartDeux 

As per usual you have blinded us with your brilliance!

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

Can you enlighten us on this?

I know nothing....... and I can prove it! 😉 🤣

brettster99

@gpixel 

That’s a shame since the Big 3 are already setting up 5G so the costs of those other services should be low enough now to be able to incorporate into PM. All well. Eventually we will get it

@gwhitema I don't think chatr has volte. the best way to find out if we'll get it is from looking at Koodo prepaid,virgin prepaid and, fido. if their prepaid gets volte then it will shimmy its way down here. until then, I don't see it coming down to the third tier providers. the best we have is wifi calling(lucky mobile)

I'll try and look for the post, but under the *#*#4636#*#* he had volte provision enabled while mine is greyed out

gwhitema

@brettster99 im not sure what's going on. 

There seems there is a possibility they are working on something to do with our service. It could be full LTE speeds, VoLTE, Unlimited Data. Who knows. 

There are people that have been having not so great service lately and ive been getting full speed data. So it seems like their doing something.

brettster99

@gwhitema @darlicious 

What’s going on? Is Telus gonna start letting PM use full LTE? I am so confused 

@CFPartDeux 

Can you enlighten us on this?

gwhitema

@gpixel 

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/04/07/chatr-switching-to-lte-network-3g-speeds/

Chatr switched to LTE a while ago. I think their Voice network is VoLTE as well.

Really ? Some users had the VoLTE option ? Thats weird. PM must be doing some provisioning to open the TELUS VoLTE and remove the throttle speeds. 

gwhitema

@gpixel You know what ! I just realized my reception is not the greatest lately. 

@darlicious No the PM account I did the tests on was mine. Its definitely not new.

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gwhitema Can we please get WiFi calling as well on Public Mobile?  😄

Need Help? Let's chat.