cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total MANURE explanation by PM of autopay renewal failure.

JayJitsBJJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I get a text letting me know my payment occurred and my discounts were deducted. (12noon)

11 mins later (12:11pm) I get an text msg saying they tried "Tried to process your Auto-pay renewal but something went wrong."

I go into my account and to try to pay as they suggested by text, but they couldn't process my credit card. I tried renewing by calling *611 as they suggested by text and it wouldn't renew. I double checked my address, double checked my credit card info and everything was correct. I've been with PM for years and never a problem with Auto-pay.

I'll call TD Bank and ask if there's something wrong with my credit card and nothing was wrong with it. I double check my address with them and make sure it's the same as what's on my PM account. I did this as I renewed my mortgage the other day and thought maybe the person entered something wrong or something, anything. Nope everything was correct.

My credit card balance is zero. I usually use it and then pay off the amount.

After a couple Private Messages with a Mod who is looking into it and after I questioned why the problem occurred they gave me this explanation:

"What happens is that when you reach certain amount of transaction with the same card the system will require for us to validate that the card is authorize to be use on the account. Because the payment went through without any issues on the last transaction, the block was placed right after that and caused this payment to fail.

It's not going to happen on every transaction, as soon as the block is  removed you will be able to continue with Auto-Pay without further issues"

What the F&+K is that? I asked a couple of times and I kept getting this answer.

So now I'm without service for 24 to 48hrs.

Total manure on their part.

71 REPLIES 71

JayJitsBJJ

No. I'm back up and running after 30hrs.

@gwhitema 

This isn't a new account is it?

@gwhitema really chatr has volte? I knew it. it's coming boys and girls! that's why our reception is 💩. i saw users post on here with his volte provisioned.. maybe pm is testing it out. BIG CHANGES! let's do it

gwhitema
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I was connected to LTE I was getting 30mbps. It used 80Mb of data. 

When I connected to LTE+ I got 300Mbps-400Mbps. I couldn't check how much data it used because I didn't complete the whole test. I stopped it half way. In the phones data manager it says it used 168MB of data between those 2 tests. I also did another one today and I still get full speed data.

My other PM accounts still get the 3mbps. I have no idea why I'm getting 4G LTE speed. I mean I'm not complaining. They could've messed up my throttle. Its probably possible. 

greygoose22

What is the limit? I am worried about the uncertainty of when I will hit this limit myself.

@gwhitema 

How much data did your full force 4G speed test use up?

gwhitema

@gpixel Yeah it would be awesome to have. 

I actually think its gonna happen soon. Chatr now fully uses 4G LTE and VOLTE. 

With 3G becoming old PM is forced to allow acsess to Telus's VOLTE network. 

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Volte would be nice 

@gwhitema volte is coming my friend

gwhitema

@iliketotalk Well... 

For some reason I get 4G full speed LTE data. I did a speedtest on a road trip because my data was terribly slow. The reason is because I had like 100ping and lots of packet loss. But the speeds I were getting was 10mbps. 

I found that kinda odd so when I made it back to the city with LTE+ I did a speedtest with my data. I had quite a bit left over so I didn't care about using it up. I got speeds of 400Mbps. 

Its odd that I dont have a 3mbps throttle.

@JayJitsBJJ 

You would only be stuck with the voucher if you switched providers otherwise you add it to your account and pm takes it to pay for your plan instead of charging your credit card.

@JayJitsBJJ wrote:

My account was frozen as they verified my credit card. Purchasing a voucher would have done nothing. I'd be stuck with it! 

I was going to switch tomorrow if it hadn't been fixed. I was going to jump onto either the Koodo or Virgin Mobile $50 for 9gigs/LTE.

@JayJitsBJJ i can't say I would blame you for switching anyone one here for the cheaper data plans can get alot better elsewhere lately plus 4g soon to be 5  come on Public it's time to step it up!!

@JayJitsBJJ wrote:

It's working now, took them 30hrs.

@JayJitsBJJ nice to hear that you finally got service.  Cheers!

JayJitsBJJ

I thought the same thing until it happened to me for no reason. The problem was on their end and I had no response from last night and it took 30hrs to fix the problem. 1st world problem, but when they don't respond to ticket issues or msgs asking for an update or proper explanation it sucks.

@JayJitsBJJ 

**good for you**

JayJitsBJJ

It's working now, took them 30hrs.

JayJitsBJJ

My account was frozen as they verified my credit card. Purchasing a voucher would have done nothing. I'd be stuck with it! 

I was going to switch tomorrow if it hadn't been fixed. I was going to jump onto either the Koodo or Virgin Mobile $50 for 9gigs/LTE.

gwhitema

@Anonymous i care about my service the most too.

But the response that @JayJitsBJJ Got from the moderators was terrible. Its definitely not the Public Mobile response i remember. 

@JayJitsBJJ 

I dont understand why you are refusing to solve you're problem as @Anonymous has emphatically explained to you. The problem with your credit card is unique to your account vs a general autopay failure issue. Pm needs to figure it out. I'm sure they have the tech team working on it. I've experienced unusual issues in my account as well but I didn't sit and stew in a corner about it. It could take 24 hours to figure it out or 24 days. The point being is you need and should demand and expect the issue to be resolved before your next renewal. But you can't expect it to be resolved before you take action to solve the immediate effect of it. If the problem was a tornado took out your local cell tower transmitting a 4G signal.....are you going to wait for them to replace it? Or would you switch to the still available 3G so you still have service? Pm is a DIY service. You have to do your part and pm will do theirs...... the way I look at it you have three choices:

1. Sit there and do nothing but complain about how crappy your situation is without cell phone service and your one credit card that currently isnt being accepted for payment.
  2. Go out with that same credit card in hand and buy a voucher. Pay for your next 30 days while pm works on figuring out what is causing the problem. Sometime in the next 30 days you'll get a message saying " Great news we've identified the problem and we believe we've fixed it. Please make at least a $1 payment onto your balance to confirm the status of your card." If it works, smile, say thank you. And suggest for your inconvenience they should offer you some kind of credit.
  3. Say the heck with this giant pile of manure and port your number out to another provider with no rewards, extra billing a lot of nickel and diming and a sometimes on sometimes off phone support that if you have an issue with your account or your method of payment will tell you to find an alternative method of payment to pay for your service. They cannot help you if you do not have an active account.

You have choices in life....please choose one so you can get on with it! Giant steaming pile of manure notwithstanding. Remember what George Costanza had to say....."Manure its really not that bad.... its Ma and Newer."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gwhitema 

Don't count me in on that. I'm very happy with this place. The community has some concerns. But that's not phone service. We're here for phone service.

The payment system is a concern for those number that have issues. I don't have that issue. But I sympathize.

Beyond that...I don't care that the self-serve might be antiquated. All I care is that the service works. And it's been rock solid since I got here over 2 years ago.

gwhitema

What the heck is wrong with PM. I am absolutely fed up with them. 

First of all the community is a mess. They cant figure out their own ban system. 

Second of all why the heck are they giving a crappy response to this issue. Ive never heard PM do anything like this. 

If any of this starts to affect or bother my service I won't be happy.

PM has been off for the past week.

@JayJitsBJJ wrote:

I appreciate all the feedback but using a voucher only solves the problem for the moment. I'm wanting them to fix the problem that occurred on their back-end/system. Using the ticket number/msg system I've asked for an update and services to be running and they haven't responded at all today. No service since 12:11pm yesterday and no update or response from a the mods today. Pure manure on PM part. PM doesn't mean Public Mobile, it means Pure Manure.

hahahahahaha @JayJitsBJJ I was wondering why you kept saying "manure" when you could have easily say "crap".  Now I know.  Good one 😂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JayJitsBJJ 

The payment system has been a problem since before my time here 2 years ago. You could choose to sit there and stew over not having phone service. Or you could make a payment using either of the suggested methods.

Your choice.

I wouldn't hold my breath for them to make their stupid payment system bulletproof. It is absolutely astounding that a company would have so much trouble accomplishing their reason for existence...taking customer money. So they have bandaided a couple sms messages to inform people of the suspension and lack of being able to take the customers money. Still doesn't fix the problem.

And yet, many thousands of customers go on with their lives without a second thought as to their phone payment as it works perfectly fine for them. Alas.

So we suggest the workarounds so you can at least have phone service again. Yes that slides them partially off the hook for the problem, but you would have your phone working.

JayJitsBJJ

I appreciate all the feedback but using a voucher only solves the problem for the moment. I'm wanting them to fix the problem that occurred on their back-end/system. Using the ticket number/msg system I've asked for an update and services to be running and they haven't responded at all today. No service since 12:11pm yesterday and no update or response from a the mods today. Pure manure on PM part. PM doesn't mean Public Mobile, it means Pure Manure.

brettster99

@JayJitsBJJ 

That does suck unfortunately. Moderators should have had this fixed by now. Anyway like @darlicious suggested use a voucher for the mean time

@JayJitsBJJ 

Yes this whole issue with your card sucks but just get a voucher to pay and reactivate your plan thru 611.

BeachNBeer

Maybe buy a voucher at a gas station in the interim until you can sort the credit card issue out?

JayJitsBJJ

It won't allow me as my credit card needs to be verified by them. Until it's verified I can't use my credit card for any type of payment.

@JayJitsBJJ try choosing "other, enter the desired amount" and manually put $1 more than the total plan amount owing then try to reactivate

payment type2-01.jpeg

JayJitsBJJ

I tried to make a payment for the amount due and got this message "
Unable to process this transaction.
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

Total MANURE on PM's behalf. Their outdated, awful, computer payment system sucks.

Need Help? Let's chat.