cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topped up account...

Barryere
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

A friend whom uses Public Mobile topped up their account for $30, as asked for by Public Mobile to pay for their service, but they told me they got a text saying they don't have enough funds on their account to pay their bill. I figured that Public Mobile likely didn't include tax so $3.90 is the tax for the $30 plan my friend is on, so I put in $3.90, only for tax to calculate about 50 cents, so I did not go through with the top up.

What does my friend do? I'm not sure what to do to help them. They shouldn't have to pay more than what they normally would which is $30.

6 REPLIES 6

Barryere

...and they are not on autopay, FYI.

Barryere

IMG_0099.PNG

This is the screenshot of the message, and yes, they used a credit card to top up their account.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Barryere wrote:

Hi,

A friend whom uses Public Mobile topped up their account for $30, as asked for by Public Mobile to pay for their service, but they told me they got a text saying they don't have enough funds on their account to pay their bill. I figured that Public Mobile likely didn't include tax so $3.90 is the tax for the $30 plan my friend is on, so I put in $3.90, only for tax to calculate about 50 cents, so I did not go through with the top up.

What does my friend do? I'm not sure what to do to help them. They shouldn't have to pay more than what they normally would which is $30.

Hi,

If your friend used a cc to top up in self serve than that should be suffice as the credit card charges the tax which will show up on their cc statement but not in PM. If they used a voucher than again they would have paid $30 plus tax to purchase the voucher and when adding to PM it will show the $30 which is suffice. 

If it is just the automated text and they are on autopay, like mentioned, have them read the whole text which says to ignore if on autopay. 

If they added funds the day the cycle was set to renew than the system may have not registered the top up yet and should do so by the time it needs to renew.

If the account went into suspended mode due to lack of funds and then they deposited the funds than they will need to reactivate the account.

Hope this helps some.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Barryere

My friend said the text said insufficent funds.

I'll post a screenshot a bit later.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Can you post a screenshot of their available funds (self serve page) and possibly payment history.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Barryere wrote:

Hi,

@BarryereTell them to read the entire message, it says if they have sufficient funds or are on autopay to ignore the message. If the funds were added too late for the renewal and the account has been suspened then it needs to be re-activated. What is the account status of your friend? Is their service working?

Need Help? Let's chat.