cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topped up account to pay fee, then charged a second time

TKRWG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

When reactivating my phone plan, I followed the prompts and it topped up my account with $122 - I thought that by doing this, it was paying for/reactivating my phone plan. 

When I went back to the homepage/overview, my plan was still outdated awaiting payment, so I followed the prompts again and it charged my card a second time but this time $135 and when I went back to the homepage, my phone plan was activated.

So, $122 = I topped up my account/this is just money sitting in PM, and $135 = actually reactivated my account.

How do I get a refund for the $122? Thanks for the help! 

7 REPLIES 7

@Luddite wrote:

@TKRWG  Seems your account had been suspended? If so, you must pay your full plan cost less any Available funds because pending Rewards will not be applied for reactivation. 

@Luddite    Yep, it took me a little while to figure out that pending rewards don't get applied to a suspended account on reactivation! 😊

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@TKRWG wrote:

So, $122 = I topped up my account/this is just money sitting in PM, and $135 = actually reactivated my account.

How do I get a refund for the $122? Thanks for the help! 

If you plan to continue service with PM, your $122 are now in your account and will be used for the next bill payment.

PM will try to take funds from your account first and if you are on auto-pay will charge your CC for the balance owning.

You might get refund but as others mentioned it will take a while; so if I was you, I would just let funds there as you will get refund most likely at the same time as when your next bill is due... save headache.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@TKRWG  Seems your account had been suspended? If so, you must pay your full plan cost less any Available funds because pending Rewards will not be applied for reactivation. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@TKRWG  just want to confirm, so, your service is now active?

Yes, you can follow what suggested above to get a refund.  But it can take 2-4 weeks for the money to go back to the credit card.  If you see the money sitting on your account as Available Fund, you might want to consider to just let it stay there for next month's payment.  PM always use the amount on Available fund first, once it is used up, it will then charge your credit card.

(Sorry @Dunkman , just saw you said this already too.. )

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry to hear that you had to make these big charges on your card.  If there are any issues left, let us know and we'll see what ideas we have for you.  Since we're all fellow customers just like you, I'd recommend reaching out to a Moderator about this...

Click on the Chat bubble (lower-right corner of your screen) to go through SIMon chatbot to open a ticket with a Moderator and let them know what's going on.  Alternatively, you can message the Moderator Team directly here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@TKRWG 

You will need to contact moderator to issue potential refund.  It can take up to one month to issue refund.  Sometimes it is easier to leave the fund in your available fund for next payment. For most people, that is next month.  In your case, it is likely in 90 days.  

To contact moderator,

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Need Help? Let's chat.