cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top up

Nebula
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

I just changed my credit card on file and resigned up for auto pay.

My question is, can i make a one time payment (say $50) just to check if everything is in order?

Will I get taxed on the $50 that I put in?

Thanks,

Wendy

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Acekiller the tax is always on the payment or top up.  So yes if you go buy a $50 voucher, you will be charged $50 + tax and $50 will be loaded into your available funds once you redeem the voucher.  If you go into self-serve and do a manual top-up for $50, $50 will be added to your available funds and $50+tax will be charged to your credit card.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I thought if you load $50, it will just be $50 and not $50 + tax? 

I know when you buy vouchers tax is added on to whatever you are buying though.

srlawren

@Nebula mostly agree with @will13am, but if you want a little peace of mind for your next renewal, just do a really small top up like $5.  That way you're not spending much money before you need to (like $50).  

As noted, yes you can top up any amount any time you like--PM is always happy to take your money.  😉  The amount gets credited to the "available funds" amount that shows in your self-serve account, and will be automatically used on your next renewal, or you can use it toward an add-on should you need to purchase any.  Taxes are added to the *payment*, always at PM.  So if you make a $100 payment, $100 will be credited to your PM account, and $100 + <your provincial tax rate> will be charged to your credit card.  When you buy things like add-ons or plan renewals, the cost is not subject to tax and is deducted from your available balance (which is automatically topped up if you need more to cover your renewal cost, provided you have auto-pay enabled of course). 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Personally, I would not worry about having to do a top up as a check.  The credit card addition involves a check already. 

mimmo
Yes taxes will be added.

You can top up what ever you want it will just go to available funds.
Need Help? Let's chat.