cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too up card

Dmpope
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I apply payment with top up card will it automatically renew plan and then again the next months if the funds are there left from the card applied or do I need to do it each month example if I am on a $25 plan and I apply a $50 card am I good for two months then. Or do I have to do anything else ?

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marzipan wrote:

@CanadianStoner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome. And good of you to join in. Taxes are paid at voucher purchase...not in the self-serve. And different provinces have different tax rates.

I feel ripped off after looking up Albertas sales tax xD

As an aside to this aside .... I think you can get an Alberta number and pay the Alberta GST regardless of where you live. Someone correct me if otherwise.

Ok. There's no Alberta GST. That's a federal tax. It's that there's no Alberta sales tax so they only pay the GST on all the same purchases the rest of the country with separate taxes do. (those provinces with the harmonized tax might have different exceptions...dunno)

@Marzipan wrote:

@CanadianStoner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome. And good of you to join in. Taxes are paid at voucher purchase...not in the self-serve. And different provinces have different tax rates.

As an aside to this aside .... I think you can get an Alberta number and pay the Alberta GST regardless of where you live. Someone correct me if otherwise.

Yes, the sales tax rate is dependent on the province that the phone number is from, based on area code and prefix or on where payment vouchers are purchased from at retail.

Marzipan

@CanadianStoner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CanadianStoner wrote:

Your account has a balance like a bank account so yes.

Don't forget about taxes on top of $25, so you would need more than a $50 voucher for two months as taxes on $25 is about 3 bucks. 

No, you don't. For $25 plan and 2 plan renewals, you need exactly $50 voucher.  You do pay tax but the voucher still says $50. Tax goes on top of voucher amount, not inside it.

CanadianStoner

@Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CanadianStoner wrote:

Don't forget about taxes on top of $25, so you would need more than a $50 voucher for two months as taxes on $25 is about 3 bucks. 

CanadianStoner

Removed*

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Dmpope wrote:

If I apply payment with top up card will it automatically renew plan and then again the next months if the funds are there left from the card applied or do I need to do it each month example if I am on a $25 plan and I apply a $50 card am I good for two months then. Or do I have to do anything else ?

If you have enough funds in your account the plan will be renew automatically. No need to worry.Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.