cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too much money deducted

Jhorton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wondering why my plan is 40.00 and 42.00 was deducted from my account today?

3 REPLIES 3

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jhorton wrote:

Are you new to Canada? If so then a bunch of other members have Provided the correct info.  However if you are not new to Canada then I don't know what to say. 

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The price of the plan is before taxes. I would guess this is the reason here. Look at the tax rate in your province and add that to your base price of your plan. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Jhorton wrote:

@JhortonDo you live in Canada? Alberta, Northwest Territories or Yukon maybe?

$2 on $40 is 5%.

GST / Tax?

The Federal GST (Goods and Services Tax), a 5 percent tax on most Canadian goods and services, began on January 1, 1991

The Canadian sales taxes include the Provincial Sales Tax (PST), the Quebec Sales Tax (QST), the Goods and Services Tax (GST), and the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) which is a combination of the PST and the GST in some provinces. 

• The GST applies to most goods and services made in Canada; however, certain exceptions may apply.
  • The PST is a retail sales tax that is payable when a taxable good or service is acquired for personal or business use, unless a specific exemption applies.
  • The HST generally applies to the same base of goods and services as the GST. The participating provinces (New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario and Prince Edward Island) harmonized their PST with the GST to implement the HST.
Need Help? Let's chat.