Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To make a payment on my account

nanaji
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there 

How are you doing.

I have try 3 or 4 time to make payment with my visa debit card but iy didn't go through .I had my bank supervisor on line with me .and after several try she ask me to contact public mobile.

please help as I register my card for auto pay.i have one other question but lets sort this out first.

best regards

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chezsa 

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

chezsa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for clarifying! I guess something must've gone wrong when I tried it but I'll give it a try again. I edited my reply so the original poster doesn't get confused

@chezsa wrote:

When I registered with Public last year I was told you can't use debit cards for autopay. I have a mastercard debit and they did not accept this either. I think you can only use credit cards for autopay.

Public Mobile has always accepted Visa Debit. Mastercard Debit also sometimes works. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chezsa : Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Visa Debit from Canadian or American institutions using a Canadian or American address.

Mastercard Debit has been found to work and they even mention this place on information at their end but not officially here.

The plain old regular bank debit card is not valid.

Perhaps something else was going on with your Mastercard Debit attempt.

chezsa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I registered with Public last year I was told you can't use debit cards for autopay. I have a mastercard debit and they did not accept this either. I think you can only use credit cards for autopay.

EDIT: My mistake, it appears mastercard and visa debit cards do work with Public. Sorry about that!

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nanaji 

You can try this when system errors occur for things which should normally function:

1. wait one hour
  2. clear cache and cookies
  3. open incognito tab
  4. try again
  5. try a completely different browser on a completely different device

@nanaji wrote:

I have try 3 or 4 time to make payment with my visa debit card but iy didn't go through .I had my bank supervisor on line with me .and after several try she ask me to contact public mobile.

please help as I register my card for auto pay.i have one other question but lets sort this out first.

Hello. Messages posted here do not go to Public Mobiel customer support.  

I believe that since you tried 3 or 4 times, the payment system has likely locked you out from using yoru Visa Debit card. To get that addrtess, please open a ticket by going to:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If you need to make payment immediately, especially if your service has stopped working, vouchers can be purchased from some retail stores or from online sites such as recharge.com or ding.com.

Need Help? Let's chat.