cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three PM accounts on one credit card

domptg
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I already have two lines with PM. Both lines are open on my name with auto pay activated. My Master Card on both accounts also says my name only. 

I want to open the third line for my son. I'll open the account on his name with my credit card for now because he is the student and I'll be paying for his phone. I wonder if the system is not going to reject my credit card on his account because of the different name. 

If I open the third account on my name and in the future he wants to pay himself for his phone how difficult is to change the ownership on the account.

9 REPLIES 9

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

as mentioned earlier, the only issues that I have read about with a credit card on multiple accounts was during activation. And those were allowed to switch cards after account setup - and this may have been fixed based on posts from others in this thread 

dogma
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my family has 3 on one card with no issues, too.

timmmmeh

I can confirm we are on month 12 with four lines all using same CC with no issues. All unique account numbers (PM) but same Billing card information. 

Zero issues. 

domptg

My son did activate his SIM card with my master card with no issues.

So in month of December I will have 3 automatic payments for 3 different phone numbers on one credit card number. I hope everything goes smooth as they will renew on 3 different days in December.

domptg

I think to be on the save side I use the different credit card or I buy the PM voucher.

@domptg wrote:

Can anyone confirm that is maximum two accounts on one credit card. Thanks

I can confirm that, but it has been over 2 years since I ran into the issue.  I cannot confirm whether the problem is fixed or not.  The issue was only during activation.  I tried activating 3 times over a stretch of many days using the same credite card and it just would not work.  I ended up using a second card to active the third account.  Once activated, I had no problems switching the third account to the same card.  The behavior defies logic.  Each account is unique and can carry only one plan.  With this amount of segregation, why does the system care what other accounts are using as the credit card. 

domptg

Can anyone confirm that is maximum two accounts on one credit card. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@domptg wrote:

I already have two lines with PM. Both lines are open on my name with auto pay activated. My Master Card on both accounts also says my name only. 

I want to open the third line for my son. I'll open the account on his name with my credit card for now because he is the student and I'll be paying for his phone. I wonder if the system is not going to reject my credit card on his account because of the different name. 

If I open the third account on my name and in the future he wants to pay himself for his phone how difficult is to change the ownership on the account.

I seem to recall that the credit card rule here is maximum two accounts from the same credit card.

I don't think changing ownership works either. He would have to open up his own account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@domptg, You should not have an issue due to the fact that the cardholder name does not match the account name.  The only thing that might happen (because 3 acounts are using the same CC) is that if all of the renewals land on the same date, your CC company might refuse the third transaction - thinking it is a duplicate, etc..  This is something I have heard mentioned here before.  Might only happen if amounts are the same, but I am not sure.

Need Help? Let's chat.