cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is my plan, buy will it work in Quebec Montreal?

BoomDigital
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is my

My Plan

• This plan includes: -
  • - $55 for 4GB Promo (Grandfathered)
  • - 12GB Data
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

I will be going to montreal for the weekend. It is important that I have my phone working. Will this work with my cell phone plan. I am from Ontario, with a local Ontario number. So I need to make sure if any other additions are necessary to ensure that I can talk on the phone while in Montreal, also I need to know which addons to purchase.

11 REPLIES 11

BoomDigital

Thanks for the help guys! Very helpful public mobile community. I should be good to go for montreal this weekend then!

@kselmak wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@BoomDigital , people will be needing to call a long distance number to reach you.  This might cost them extra money to call you, and some might refuse to do this 

I don't think their number would become long distance number for their existing contacts over that weekend. It is already long distance number for those in Quebec who don't have Canada wide calling. If there is a need to have Quebec local number fongo is best way to go, they can get Montreal number and set forwarding to their public mobile number totally free. 

You're right; I did misread. It's only people who are calling from a place normally long distance to the OP's number who could need to potentially pay long distance.

For people in Ontario who already call you 'local', it will still be local to call you for them.  If they call you long-distance in Ontario (Windsor to Sudbury for example) it's already a long-distance call.

While in Quebec, those folks will need to call your Ontario number long-distance or text you first, so you can call them back free of charge.

Your data and texting is Canada-Wide no issue.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@BoomDigital , people will be needing to call a long distance number to reach you.  This might cost them extra money to call you, and some might refuse to do this 

I don't think their number would become long distance number for their existing contacts over that weekend. It is already long distance number for those in Quebec who don't have Canada wide calling. If there is a need to have Quebec local number fongo is best way to go, they can get Montreal number and set forwarding to their public mobile number totally free. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

And since you have so much data you could just get fongo or textnow and have unlimited calling

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BoomDigital wrote:

This is my

My Plan

• This plan includes: -
  • - $55 for 4GB Promo (Grandfathered)
  • - 12GB Data
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

I will be going to montreal for the weekend. It is important that I have my phone working. Will this work with my cell phone plan. I am from Ontario, with a local Ontario number.

@BoomDigital  Yes, your phone and data will work and will be able to receive incoming calls. The issue is that for outgoing calls you will only be able to make calls to Quebec numbers. If you need to make calls back to Ontario you will need to purchase the 500 minutes Canada Wide calling add-on for $5.

So I need to make sure if any other additions are necessary to ensure that I can talk on the phone while in Montreal, also I need to know which addons to purchase.

Add-on Needed: 500 Canada wide talk for $5.00

@BoomDigital wrote:

ok could you elaborate a little?

The way province wide calling works is you sort of "roam" from province to province.  Regardless of what phone number you have in the account, you will have working service in the province that you are physically located in.  Just like when you are in Ontario, you cannot call outside of Ontario without purchasing a long distance add-on.  When in Quebec, you will not be able to make phone calls outside of Quebec without a long distance add-on.  So, if you want to be able to call people in Ontario, just buy the Canada long distance add-on at $5 for 500 minutes and you are good to go. 

Maple98

@BoomDigital wrote:

Here is a Knowledge Base link that may help explain: 

Plans & Ad-Ons

CEBFC360-5953-4426-A671-CB6315CC7142.jpeg

BoomDigital

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes.  Incoming calls will be free,  outgoing calls in Quebec will be free also.  If you do need to make calls to anywhere else in Canada, you can purchase a $5 add on, which will give you 500 minutes that do not expire unless used up.

Need Help? Let's chat.