cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of leaving Public Mobile after a year

dicecube
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I have been happy with the services of PM but I am considering jumping ship to Virgin Mobile as they just released a black Friday deal that I am interested in.

My question is I added a bunch of payment vouchers to my account, if I port out do I get that credit back?

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dicecube as mentioned above, this is an option but only If new provider allows to swap numbers then you can avail the benefit of new black friday offer and when the vouchers are all used up at PM, port the number out and ditch the virgin number. 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@dicecubeSince you indicate you've been with Public Mobile a year, another benefit you should have now, or soon is the additional $1/30 days loyalty reward. This is another $12/year off of your plan. 4 more years and that will increase to $5/mo, or $60/year!

Maybe just one more reason to stay... Plus based on the last two years, its "highly likely" that PM will offer holiday data and/or calling minutes bonuses to existing customers again, so I'd definitely hang around to see what that's going to be too... Cheers!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I always advise people don't add too much excess fund to PM account because PM is a prepaid service.  There is no refund of fund left in your account.  There is no contract with PM.  But adding too much fund in PM account, you are creating a virtual contract with PM.  

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

ironically ill be coming back here soon after being away for a few months, in the end, I just always wind up paying more than what I wind up using.

You're welcome @dicecube 

You might want to consider activating with the new provider (with a new, temporary number) and port your existing number over after the value of the vouchers are consumed. 

dicecube
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the reply

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dicecube 

Nope

They would be lost if you port out to another provider. 

Sorry

Need Help? Let's chat.